Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How many people were present during your child's birth?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:59 AM
  • 46 Replies

My SIL is planning on having a CROWD!  I never saw the need to have so many people there but whatever floats her boat I guess.

For me it was just me, DH and the doula.

by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maddiesmommy5
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Just my mom, SO was in NH at the time and didn't get home fast enough. Next time around he is not allowed to leave our town until baby is born! He will be the only one with me, except maybe our DD but I havent decided on that yet.

larissalarie
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Not counting the medical staff or myself? 2 each time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Me, dh, midwife, 1-2 nurses
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Hubs and mom with first.
Hubs and daughter with second. Mom arrived and came in as her head was crowning.
And the staff of course.

Family trickled in and out to visit during the hospital stay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:41 PM

With my first it was my Mom, my husband, the nurse, two ped nurses, and my OB.
With my 2nd I had my MIL, my sister, my best friend, the nurse, two ped nurses and my OB.
The 3rd time I had my husband, the nurse, two ped nurses and my OB.
4th time was my husband, my Mom, my two older children, my midwife and her assistant.
5th time I had my husband, my children (all four) my friend (to be a photographer), my doula, and my midwife and her two assistants. 

2mamas
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM

We are struggling with this right now.  I want my partner, doula, and cousin whom I am very close to.  My partner wants it to be just us and the doula.  I'm torn because I am going to want a lot of physical support and comfort (I think!  I guess I won't really know until I reach that point) and I don't want to feel like I am burning anyone out, but my partners concern is that we will have to worry about other peoples wants/needs/thoughts and not get to just focus on eachother and our baby.  It's interesting to see what others felt was right for them!

mamabens
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM

#1 it was me and dh, # 2 was me dh ad my sis, #3 was me and dh, #4 will be me dh and at least 1 if not all 3 of the kids

BabyFruit Ticker

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Just me and DH plus hospital staff (CNM and three nurses... it was excessive) at our first birth, just me and him at our second (unassisted at home).

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I can't imagine having a bunch of people there personally but I know a lot of women really thrive on it.

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:29 PM

mom, dh, midwife(2), and midwife student

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN