Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How many people were present during your child's birth?

My SIL is planning on having a CROWD!  I never saw the need to have so many people there but whatever floats her boat I guess.

For me it was just me, DH and the doula.

by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Replies (41-46):
mrssummerlin
by on May. 18, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Not counting all the nurses and doctor.

Just my DH and my mom.

With this baby it will just be DH and me.
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM
My first are parents and siblings were in the waiting room......for a LONG time. They came to help once in a while. Aftet my son was born there were complications so my mom, stepmom, sister and mil came in the room. I needed someone there with me, but with the stress.of it all, it was chaotic having so mang people, plus my mom.and sister were paniced.

My second it was just dh and i with a midwife and assistant. Other than it beinf a fast birth, it was quite peaceful.

Our third it was the same, but not quite as rushed birth.
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:16 PM
With my first, 2 midwives, doc, 2 nurses, dh, sil, and best friend 1.
With my second, 2 midwives, dh, sil, best friend 1, mother, son (2 doors down in the family room). Best friend 2 missed it by 2 minutes but was on the phone and heard her 1st cry.
With my third, sil was supposed to be there but I had to go in early and she was out of the country. Dh, both kids, midwife, doc, 2 nurses, best friends 1 ,2, 3, & 4, and best friend 2's younger teenage daughter who took turns with my dh taking care of my other 2 kids.
hapababies
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM
My first delivery was a birthing center that was also a teaching facility for the local nursing school. There was about 10 nursing students, my mom, my dh, and 2 nurses. In a way it was invasive, but in another way I knew what I was signing up for when I went there.
My second delivery was dh, 3 nurses, and the OB. The 3 nurses were because I was a high risk delivery and they wanted an extra pair of hands in case something happened, which thankfully didn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on May. 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM
5, plus the doc & nurses.That's how I like it!
nicenround
by on May. 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM

#1 was my mom and DH #2 was just DH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)