Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Baby hammock, bassinet, crib or co-sleeper??

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM
  • 21 Replies
Just wondering what's ur preference..

I've done co-sleeping with all my other kids but this time I cannot be at hone all the time so in going to try and get the baby to sleep alone.. I have a baby hammock but not sure if I should just start with the crib??

What have u had the most success with?
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM
We tried the bassinet next to the bed.
it didn't work lol. I worked nights full time/overtime and dh coslept on the nights I wasnt there.
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a bassinet that turned into a great place to store diapers and burp cloths for the middle of the night

I prefer to bed share
tuckermum
by Crysta on May. 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM
We bed share. I haven't tried anything else though.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I don't know what a baby hammock is. I just bed share now, with my first I had her in a bassinet then crib and regret it.
Who will babe be home with? Can (s)he co sleep with dad?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:42 PM

We bed share.  Always have.

During the day she naps in the pack n play newborn napper, or my arms. 

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:03 PM

We do a mix of baby sleeping in the bed and sidecarred cosleeper, then move to a sidecarred crib and eventually a mattress next to ours and then a mattress in their own room.

ballerina.2006
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I have a crib in our room but I'm sure we'll bed share more than anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygirl3796
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Just start with the crib because you are going to have to go to the crib sooner or later anyways so save some money and go straight for the crib. Thats what I am going to do. 

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM
My daughter was in the bassinet/ my bed until she went to the crib / my bed. She slept in either mine or hers until a little after a year, then slept in ther crib full time. My son slept with us now of the time for the first few months, then started going in his bed at night and coming in a few hours later the first time he woke up. They both slept really well in the swing, but I was too paranoid to let them sleep in it at night, especially the younger one because I was afraid his sister would come and push him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3kidz123
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:48 PM

My babies will NOT sleep in there own bed while bfing. They just won't do it, but as soon as their off the boob they happily sleep in their oun beds :)

I normally buy them a crib even though they don't use it at first so I probably will this time too :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)