Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

my birth story....from the sidelines

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 8 Replies
Early this morning, around 1ish...my sister text to say they are headed to the birth center. She called me at 2 because I never responded to the texts. She said, its time. She was at a 6 and 75%. So I got up, got ready amd headed that way. When I got there she was still up walking and getting through contractions pretty easy. About 4, she moved into the water. For the next couple of hrs her, my bil, myself amd 2 mw just talked and laughed. I took a ton of pics. About 545 she felt the urge to push, so they said to push slow with the next contraction. She was complete with a small anterior lip. She had several good contractions and about 6 was complaining of back pain. So she rolled over onto her knees, they checked baby and it was a whirlwind from there. They immediately got her out of the water and back to bed. I was put in the hallway at that point. Finally at 614, I hear crying. Then 'its a boy". (Which was my guess)....lol I was crying at that point as well. Then I went back in the room. He was laying on her stomach still attached. He had a very short cord. They waited a few min amd dad cut.the cord. I was still taking pics. She immediately put him up to nurse and he latched on!!!! They started to fix a small tear so to give them some privacy, I went to whataburger and got breakfast for everyone.. we ate breakfast and talked about how beautiful he is, then I came home. What an amazing experience.

Brice Emerson
614 am
7 lbs 12oz

One proud aunt! And my sister is a rockstar!!!!!

Thank you girls for allowing all my stupid questions and not throwing my epidural loving butt out of here. Would it be crazy to have a mw that wasn't opposed to epidurals? The more I am around natural childbirth the more I consider going to school. Truly humbled and amazed.
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM

AWESOME!!!  There are midwives that are not opposed to epidurals...usually they work with doctors and work in hospitals only not birth centers or homebirths

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM

What a great experience for everyone.  Yes your sister is a rock star :)  Congrats Auntie!!

GoodyBrook
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Congrats!

(Epidurals do have risks associated with them--just look at the package insert!)

doulala
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Lovely!!!

:-D

catholicmamamia
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Congratulations!

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Thanks for sharing.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 11, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Congrats!

VintageWife
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Yay!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN