Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Has anyone ever tried....

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM
  • 22 Replies
acupressure and it actually worked for inducing labor?
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I have with other moms successfully, hasn't worked for my own labors.

sp1357
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:44 AM
About how long does it take to work?
Quoting doulala:

doulala
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Right away/in labor already-augmenting (but mom's not progressing or labor "stalled").

Are you interested in doing it?

Quoting sp1357:

Quoting doulala:

sp1357
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:57 AM

I was thinking about it as other natural methods have failed. I am full term, but have declined any checks to see about my dilation/efface status. I prefer not to go over my due date.

Quoting doulala:

Right away/in labor already-augmenting (but mom's not progressing or labor "stalled").

Quoting sp1357:

Quoting doulala:

doulala
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Why?

Quoting sp1357:

I was thinking about it as other natural methods have failed. I am full term, but have declined any checks to see about my dilation/efface status. I prefer not to go over my due date.

Quoting doulala:

Quoting sp1357:

Quoting doulala:

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

larissalarie
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this
If you haven't even made it to your due date, you need to wait if there's no medical issue :)
A lot of really important things happen in the last few weeks of pregnancy, the baby's brain volume increases by a third between weeks 37 & 40 alone!! Not to mention further lung development, improved suck swallow reflex, etc.
Give baby the gift of being born when they're fully ready, it's a lucky baby who gets to "cook" the full 40+ weeks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sp1357
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:14 AM

As this is not my first child I am very informed on the process of fetal development. This is a mere inquiry on a particular type of induction in which I never stated I will be doing. I just like to be informed on all matters. :)

Quoting larissalarie:

If you haven't even made it to your due date, you need to wait if there's no medical issue :)
A lot of really important things happen in the last few weeks of pregnancy, the baby's brain volume increases by a third between weeks 37 & 40 alone!! Not to mention further lung development, improved suck swallow reflex, etc.
Give baby the gift of being born when they're fully ready, it's a lucky baby who gets to "cook" the full 40+ weeks!

sp1357
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Because the office I attend will only allow you until 41wks then they'll push medical induction. I know I always have the right to say know, but I would just like an alternative should this be the case. I've had previous medical inductions done for valid reasons, but they were no walk in the park and I'd just like to avoid them altogether if I can.

Quoting doulala:

Why?

Quoting sp1357:

Quoting doulala:

Quoting sp1357:

Quoting doulala:

doulala
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

That is what they might say, but legally that wouldn't be true.      You can decline if you prefer, and if that means a safer experience for you/baby then it's your choice to make.
There are many alternatives and you can step up from least to most risky as-needed, when you get there.     But if you and baby are fine and healthy then avoiding unnecessary risks (now/later) seems worth it.    ;-)

I understand what you mean but can't encourage moms to go through what I endured.  :-(

GL!

Quoting sp1357:

Because the office I attend will only allow you until 41wks then they'll push medical induction. I know I always have the right to say know, but I would just like an alternative should this be the case. I've had previous medical inductions done for valid reasons, but they were no walk in the park and I'd just like to avoid them altogether if I can.

Quoting doulala:
sp1357
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:27 AM

What is it that u endored, if you don't mind me asking? Did you have a bad birthing experience?

Quoting doulala:

That is what they might say, but legally that wouldn't be true.      You can decline if you prefer, and if that means a safer experience for you/baby then it's your choice to make.
There are many alternatives and you can step up from least to most risky as-needed, when you get there.     But if you and baby are fine and healthy then avoiding unnecessary risks (now/later) seems worth it.    ;-)

I understand what you mean but can't encourage moms to go through what I endured.  :-(

GL!

Quoting sp1357:

Quoting doulala:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)