Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Ask I'm past my due date and now I'm just waiting....and waiting and waiting....waiting for this baby to come out that is! My doctor told me I have until next week before they schedule me to get induced because they don't let people go past 41 weeks. He also told me that they have a high c-section for people who get induced... Which I am not fond of hearing especially since I planned to have a natural birth, water birth to be exact but they don't offer water births at all where I'm from...

Doing some research I heard that castor oil helps naturally induce labor, and was winding if anyone out there has tried it? I really want to get this baby out of me before they force it out with medicine I don't want in my body...

This is my first pregnancy so idk what to expect. Also anyone have any experiences with getting induced I'd love to hear your birth stories to ease my fears.....

UPDATE: BABY IS HERE!
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Replies (71-78):
cali4niachef
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't read all the replies but I will share one experience that a doula client of mine had. 

She was 41wks and a few days. Bishops score was very favorable; dilated, effacted and engaged. 4th baby. After several weeks of prodromal labor she went into early labor, her midwives came and they presented choices to her. They go home or she can do castor oil. Because they lived over an hour away and she had fast labors she opted for castor oil. 

She drink 4oz in an ice cream milk shake. I was anticipating for her to have all the negative experiences I had heard over my years of being a doula. Within about 2hrs she was in active labor, she had her baby 2hrs later. She said the cntx were slightly more intense than her other labors. She never had ONE loose BM. No issues at all with the baby. I was amazed at the pleasant experience she had. 

However this is the EXCEPTION and not the norm. I've had 4 times as many clients have negative experiences. Only a handful have tried it. 

When it works, it works very well but everything has to be aligned "just right" 

DOULA.HERBALIST.PHOTOGRAPHER.COFFEE ADDICT.BIRTH ACTIVIST.BELIEVER.  

euphoricherbals.com euphoricbirth.com

cali4niachef
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I cringe when I hear of women taking Black and Blue cohsoh, it is like "herbal pitocin". It should not be taken without advisment from an experienced midwife and/or herbalist that has had POSITIVE outcomes. It can be incredibly risky leading to PPH, placenta abruption, fetal tachychardia (increased heart tones), and decreased maternal BP. It also increases jaundice in newborns like pitocin.

DO NOT TAKE IT! 

DOULA.HERBALIST.PHOTOGRAPHER.COFFEE ADDICT.BIRTH ACTIVIST.BELIEVER.  

euphoricherbals.com euphoricbirth.com

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 12, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

YAY baby is here, congrats!! I cant wait to hear the birth story!

GoodyBrook
by on May. 12, 2013 at 11:36 PM

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !

Give us details, mama!

da808gypsy
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:09 AM

8 pounds 4.8 oz
20 3/4 inches long :)
da808gypsy
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Nikolai

3:11 pm HST
5/10/13
da808gypsy
by on May. 13, 2013 at 1:10 AM
I posted pictures below :)

Quoting GoodyBrook:

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !

Give us details, mama!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

awww squishy baby!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)