Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What was something that you had on your baby registry that you couldn't live without? This might be helpful for first time moms. Mine was cloth diapers.

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                                                                                              I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!

Pregnancy%20ticker
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Replies (11-17):
Britty1987
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM
What kind of baby balm is it?

Quoting ImNotKarl:

I didn't get anything that I had put on my registry. Everyone pretty much ignored it. As far as a couple things I couldn't live without: Sling, bouncy chair, and the baby balm we used. I STILL love the balm. I give it as part of a care package gift at every baby shower.

ImNotKarl
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM

It's just called Baby Balm. It's buy a local company called Sierra Sage Organics. They have all sorts of organic all-natural products we use, and I order a lot from them online. One of my former midwives started the company and owns it and I got the Mama and Baby gift set from the midwives when my son was born. They give it to all the new moms. It's cloth diaper and fabric safe, which is awesome, and it's a multi-purpose balm so I've used it on my son for everything from cradle cap when he was tiny, to bug bites and minor burns now. It's seriously awesome.

Quoting Britty1987:

Quoting ImNotKarl:

I didn't get anything that I had put on my registry. Everyone pretty much ignored it. As far as a couple things I couldn't live without: Sling, bouncy chair, and the baby balm we used. I STILL love the balm. I give it as part of a care package gift at every baby shower.

My tummy had the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
Britty1987
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I'll have to check it out. Thanks :)

Quoting ImNotKarl:

It's just called Baby Balm. It's buy a local company called Sierra Sage Organics. They have all sorts of organic all-natural products we use, and I order a lot from them online. One of my former midwives started the company and owns it and I got the Mama and Baby gift set from the midwives when my son was born. They give it to all the new moms. It's cloth diaper and fabric safe, which is awesome, and it's a multi-purpose balm so I've used it on my son for everything from cradle cap when he was tiny, to bug bites and minor burns now. It's seriously awesome.

Quoting Britty1987:

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 10, 2013 at 10:25 PM

a swing

yikesitsmindy
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:11 AM
The things I use most were not on my registry. I use almost none of the crap I thought I needed. My moby and ergo ( I didn't think I would want, but ended up baby wearing), breast pump(borrowed), bopy (yard sale). I used a lot of receiving blankets in the beginning. I didn't even really put dd in outfits until she was 6 months old. She mostly wore onesies and sleep and plays. Socks are too much trouble.
catholicmamamia
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:29 AM

We never really bothered with registries.. we always bought whatever we wanted, ourselves.. LOL. On our essential shopping list.. nursing shirts, nursing bras, washable breast pads, lanolin, washable menstrual pads, diapers, wipes, sleepers, onesies, socks, dr bronners baby mild liquid soap, coconut oil, nursing pillow, and carriers (wraps, ring slings, mei tais).

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

illegallyblonde
by Stephany on May. 11, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Cloth diapers! We also told people not to give cards but to bring a little book instead.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN