Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Rhythm Method

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:59 PM
  • 28 Replies
Can anyone tell me your experince with it and how it works?

Oh and hello! This is my first post in this group :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Welcome to the group!

littlemoments99
by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:19 AM

We didn't really use it. I started taking birth control, but I hated it and thought it was evil because it wasn't giving me even a chance to become pregnant so I never actually took it for the amount of time it needed to work. I would always skip days and then you have to start all over again. Since it was really making me sad, DH and I decided I would stop and we would try the rhythm method. It seemed like a lot of work to me. It's really not, but you have to track your cycles. I hadn't tracked one cycle in my whole life, but I knew I was always regular so that helped. 

You have to check other things to, like temperature, discharge, things like that. I never really used it all that much. I really wanted to get pregnant but it still took 6 months.   :)

I have a neighbor who has 9 children and they use the rhythm method. They said they have never had a pregnancy when they didn't want one. They are very strong Christians and so don't believe in birth control, except for a natural way. So, it worked really well for them. They want 10 children by the way, so none of their kids were an accident. 

Sorry I can't help more. I don't know enough about it, just that little bit. I hope it works for you though. It's nice to not have to trust and take a pill and it also helps you get to know and understand your body a lot more. 

Good luck!

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Its outdated and not set for your personal cycle.

Best to look into fertility awareness and read Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. Ive been doing fertility awareness since January and so far i love it.
Maria_Peanut
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Thats the thing I know all of that lol I just never tried this.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Its outdated and not set for your personal cycle.

Best to look into fertility awareness and read Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. Ive been doing fertility awareness since January and so far i love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I use it and it works

Maria_Peanut
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Do i need a BBT ?

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

I use it and it works

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I used it and there is no room for risks if you are preventing.....i got pregnant several times from it, however i also got pregnant using a condom as well.....so you never know.
Maria_Peanut
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Not trying but another would be nice eventually. We only have one right now.

Quoting Precious333:

I used it and there is no room for risks if you are preventing.....i got pregnant several times from it, however i also got pregnant using a condom as well.....so you never know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 12:55 AM
After i had my first we didnt use birth control or even talk about when we would plan the next child. I ended up getting pregnant after.my first cycle, they are 20 months apart.

After that we triwd charting usinf ttoyf and it was very difficult since my cycles were off and trying to get use to my body. I ended.up started.my cycle 5 ish months pp, and got pregnant a few months later (using charting). We miscarried and continued charting and got pregnant the next year still using that method.

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

Not trying but another would be nice eventually. We only have one right now.

Quoting Precious333:

madisonsmom2005
by on May. 10, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN