Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

NEW natural family planning?? help!?!?

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:45 PM
  • 20 Replies
I have a four yr old and two yr old and can't take hormonal bc and i had the paragard iud I didn't like it also! So ladies who've tried or do NFP give me info on the different methods.I've been looking into standard days method have any of you done that and does it work well? Any tips welcomed also thanks:)!
by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittney_mar25
by on May. 11, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Bump
larissalarie
by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Read the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"
I don't personally practice NFP, but I like to know about my body so I've become familiar with how it works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 11, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I have not used NFP because I didt know how but when TTC we used the method to figureout when fertile andit worked.

Taking charge of your fertility is great

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Defiantly check tcoyf. I do NFP I temp and check cm. Works well for us.
brittney_mar25
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Is the temp a pain to do every morning?
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Yes tcoyf is what we did fot a while, just be sure to not take any risks if you are trying to.avoid. we have also used condoms and diaphram
3kidz123
by on May. 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM

If you really don't want a baby Id use condome too.

lifeforchrist
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:41 PM

if you're going to use NFP you NEED to buy taking charge of your fertility. There is a lot you need to understand about how the woman's monthly fertility works to know how to avoid pregnancy. It is very effective, even though peopl say it isn't. The biggest problem is people don't use it correctly.

The whole idea revolves about knowing when ovulation is coming, when you are able to get pregnant, and confirming your ovulation to know your safe days. You will be taking daily morning temps and checking cervical mucus. If you are confused then you need to use another method until you are certain you understand. A lot of Catholic churches offer classes that will teach you how to chart as well.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM

and you can't make a single mistake.  I have a friend that is always careful and she just ovulated super late one month or twice that month, she's not sure but then they got baby #4.  Which was fine with them she's onto #5 now but still a lot can happen that's unplanned with NFP.

vcory
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:13 PM
We used it and it worked like a charm! We didn't get pregnant until we tried. We started using it January of 2010. I've never used any form of BC. I just started charting last September and it was super easy. I'd recommend using Fertility Friend and getting their app as well which made it super easy. I'd set my alarm for 6:30am (even if I didn't have to get up then), stuck it up there, put temp reading in my app and went back to sleep. It took maybe 2 minutes. I also charted my cervical fluid and cervical position/openness. I'll be going back to it at 6 weeks after this baby is born. You just have to make sure you figure out when you ovulate and don't have sex for 3-5 days. We just did 3 days. The day before, the day of ovulation and the day after, but starting off I'd do more just to be sure. And if you're not sure use a condom or diaphragm. It really only takes 2 cycles to see how your body works and if its consistent. You have temp everyday at the same time and have 4 or more hours of sleep for it to be an accurate temp reading.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN