Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Baby wearers and/or pregnant baby wearers. :)

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm already in love with all the slings I own and use regularly, I currently have (2) Moby's, a Maya, EllaRoo, NatiBaby, Munchkin Jelly Bean, a water sling, and a homemade one, lol! but I am expecting my second child and my DD is 7 months. I can wrap her on my front, but as I get bigger that's not going to be possible, and hip carriers will be uncomfortable for her leg, slings are going to cut across my belly. I can also wrap her on my back, but as I get bigger (and she gets bigger) I won't have as much energy to do it and I am looking into a soft structure carrier with proper hip support to wear her on my back without having to wrap. I really want a Beco Butterfly II or Gemini... I've heard the Gemini is easier to nurse in, I'm just wondering if the waist band will be uncomfortable around my pregnant belly? Any one out there who has used one while pregnant and can give me some insight? :) TIA!

by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Not sure if its much help but my DH wears our lo on his back and to put it delicately he carries all of his extra weight in his stomach :( He's very comfortable with our Ergo. A tad different from a momma's baby bump but closest I have ;)

I've never worn while pg but I'm sure some of these wonderful ladies will have great advice for you! Congrats on your new addition!
augelrf
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Thanks. My husband is soon to be deployed so he won't be able to help with the baby wearing. :( I definitely want to back carry, I just will not have the energy to get her to my back and wrapped. Once she's up there and wrapped I don't feel the weight. She's too young to hold on by herself, so it's still a lot of bending over and holding her in place. :( Hope I get some suggestions! I'm mostly worried that the waist band on and soft structure carrier is going to be uncomfortable across my belly but also curious if it might be more of a support than discomfort?

Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I use the ergo on my back, my son is 30ish lbs and i am 6 months pregnant. I dont use it often, but it works.
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 11, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a butterfly and I liked it when ds was younger. It helped me get comfy with using a back carry. Now I use the boba and I love it. 

VintageWife
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I use a Boba on the back carry.

larissalarie
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Hiking last week with my 36 pound 2 year old in the Ergo. I'm 25 weeks pregnant.
Just position the waist strap under the belly as it grows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:15 AM
1 mom liked this
i used the beco on my back when i was preggers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)