Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Just thinking down the road

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM
  • 6 Replies

What do you do when you have a busy full time job about pumping.  I walked into work the other day at 6am and the phone rang.  The nurse said I have a patient that is crashing I need two units of blood.  I said ok, hung up the phone and the next time I got a chance to sit down for a short break it was 10am.   

I'm not pregnant yet but I want to be able to have a good pumping schedule??  What do you do?

by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Bump!
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Bump!
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 12, 2013 at 8:03 PM

thanks

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I was pretty fluid about timing when I was pumping at work.  I'd shoot for every 4 hours, but if the opportunity came every 3 to 5 hours I was happy.  I let my engorgement be the guide, and when I felt it I pumped.

Generally I'd pump before work, at lunch time, then before I left.  Normally this was good enough...

VintageWife
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I don't work outside the home right now. I'd just make sure it was assured to happen every once in awhile.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I was able to get away with pumping twice in a 9 hour shift, but most would need 3 breaks.
I had approximate times set that I would go and pump and my boss and co-workers knew my pump break times. If I was busy at that time and nobody could cover for me, I just pumped as soon as I could get away. If it was slightly before my normal pump time, but things were really slow, I'd go do it then before it picked up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)