Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Is there anything you won't do that is considered natural/crunchy?

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 63 Replies

I love being natural but there are a few things that I'm not sure I could do-mama cloth and family cloth.

I've considered mama cloth and have almost bought some but my flow is so heavy sometimes, I'd be afraid I'd leak.

Is there anything you won't do that is considered natural/crunchy?

by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Salz
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM

LOVE mama cloth :) You can get some with PUL (waterproof material used for cloth diaper covers). I've never had a leak.

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I'm not really interested in EC and probably wouldn't do family cloth either.

maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I will never do family cloth. I'm all for cloth diapers and wipes I also started using mama cloth and love love love it! But there is just something about FC that I just can't bring myself to be ok with. Not to mention SO puts up with a lot of my crunchiness but I'm pretty sure he would try to have me committed if I told him we would be giving up toilet paper! 

Mommy2justone
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I use paper towels and toilet paper. I have heard mommas that use cloth wipes for the whole family in the bathroom. I just don't think I could do that. 
I also couldn't do mama cloth, but I do use a diva cup, I just hate pads all around.
And diaperless babies, I hate being pooped on when it is out of a diaper so I would be afraid little naked baby would poop on me, LOL! 

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:29 AM

My flow got lighter and shorter with mama cloth. The chemicals in disposable pads make you cramp, have a harder flow, and can make your flow longer. I also use crocheted tampons. I prefer those. 

I don't think I could do family cloth. DH and I have talked about it, but neither one of us are really "into" it. That's probably about it that I wouldn't at least try. 

JadeTigr7
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:42 AM
No family cloth.

I will use mama cloth, in fact ill be buying some after we move (in 3 weeks) thanks to some awesome recommendations from some Facebook friends. I have endo, so I also have a heavy flow, but I'm willing to give it a try.
on_the_beach
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

What is EC?

on_the_beach
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Haha, yeah I bet if I told dh we were giving up TP, he'd think I was crazy, too.

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

I will never do family cloth. I'm all for cloth diapers and wipes I also started using mama cloth and love love love it! But there is just something about FC that I just can't bring myself to be ok with. Not to mention SO puts up with a lot of my crunchiness but I'm pretty sure he would try to have me committed if I told him we would be giving up toilet paper! 

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM
This.

Op, many people notice a huge decrease in flow with mana cloth. The chemicals in pads and tampons can make you bleed more heavily.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

on_the_beach
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I've never heard of crocheted tampons. Please tell me more. I've heard that about disposable pads but wasn't sure if it was true or not. What do you do when you go out and need to change it? Where do you put it? In a wet bag like a diaper?

Quoting MaryJarrett:

My flow got lighter and shorter with mama cloth. The chemicals in disposable pads make you cramp, have a harder flow, and can make your flow longer. I also use crocheted tampons. I prefer those. 

I don't think I could do family cloth. DH and I have talked about it, but neither one of us are really "into" it. That's probably about it that I wouldn't at least try. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)