Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

OMG THIS COULD BE IT! *update*

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 31 Replies

I just leaked about a teaspoon of water. There is no doubt thats what it is. With everything I have read about it! Though I know theres like cervical water or something, that doesnt mean labor, and it can seem like the same thing, THERE WAS ABOUT A TEASPOON!

Now how long do I wait to call my OB? Do I wait and see if more comes out? How much do I lose before calling and going in? Should I call right now? AHHHHH! I dont want to go in and be told its just the cervical water or whatever, but AHHHHHH! I dont have any contractions or cramps at the moment, but I literally just lost the teaspoon 5 minutes ago.

-------------------------------------------

Well it has been about 4.5 hours. I would say I have lost 2-3 tablespoons now. I have had some contractions but they arent really timeable. four 15 min apart, then one 10 min later, 20 minutes later another, to have three 5 minutes apart, then 30 min later, and its been about 30 minutes since that one and still havent had one. 

I had decided to wait to call my OB, since im just leaking and I havent had a big gush to show my water broke completely. But I wanted to wait until I had contractions 5-10 minutes apart for a good hour or more, but so far it seems to only be BH. Its also been an hour since I last leaked, but I have been up doing things. Each time I leaked it was right after laying down for a few minutes and then getting up. So in a bit im gonna lay down again for 5-10 minutes to see if I leak some more. 

--------------------------------------

Well, I ended up calling my OB last night and going into L&D. I was having contractions every 5-10 minutes and I didnt feel one of them. I wasnt leaking amniotic fluid, just cervical fluid I guess. And still not dialated at all so I was sent home. Had my 39 week appt today and it was just a normal tummy check. She didnt check if I was dialted or not since I was just checked last night. Next appt is next monday, when I am 40 weeks exactly. 

Im ready for baby to be in my arms. I am getting very cranky and snappy to DF, and feel like being that way towards everyone else, but have a stronger control over it when it comes to others. I am feeling really bad for DF. I apologize every time, but still, he doesnt deserve it. Im just anxious and ready to hold my precious love child.

by on May. 13, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isaacsmommy68
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Walk around a little bit. If your water broke it would be more than a teaspoon. You could be leaking though. If it does break, you WILL know..... Good luck!

brittney822
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
A good way to also test if its tour water, is to cough a few times... Generally more water will leak put with your coughs. But as with all things it couldn't hurt to call :)
Mrs.Salz
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM
6 moms liked this

Don't call your OB or go in until you have consistent contractions or you'll end up with a pitocin augmentation and a potential c-section if you don't deliver within a certain period of time (12-36 hrs usually, depending on the facility).

The amniotic sac is made of two layers and often a small leakage of water is just from the outer layer leaking (called a hindleak) and it will reseal itself if labor isn't ready to start. I'm guessing what you're experiencing is discharge or a hindleak. When your water breaks, it's usually a big burst.

In the meantime to prevent infection, don't put anything in the vagina, take Vitamin C, drink lots of fluids, eat well. Rest and sleep if you can even though you're excited :)

maddiesmommy5
by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

This. Do Not call them yet!

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Don't call your OB or go in until you have consistent contractions or you'll end up with a pitocin augmentation and a potential c-section if you don't deliver within a certain period of time (12-36 hrs usually, depending on the facility).

The amniotic sac is made of two layers and often a small leakage of water is just from the outer layer leaking (called a hindleak) and it will reseal itself if labor isn't ready to start. I'm guessing what you're experiencing is discharge or a hindleak. When your water breaks, it's usually a big burst.

In the meantime to prevent infection, don't put anything in the vagina, take Vitamin C, drink lots of fluids, eat well. Rest and sleep if you can even though you're excited :)

CafeMom Tickers
RADmomma
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:20 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree. I went too early with my first & was forced into a c section. I waited until contractions were strong & regular & my water was very broken to go with my second. I got my vbac!!!

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

This. Do Not call them yet!

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

larissalarie
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Yes, this. Calling the ob now is a great way to not have a natural birth.

I know you're excited, but a teaspoon is almost.nothing. I leaked a lot more many times over weeks with my first and my water didn't truly break until later.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesuschild06
by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:30 PM

thanks. I hope its more than just the outer layer leaking! But I know my water hasnt broken completely yet cause no big gush. Is the outer layer water actually amniotic fluid?

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

jesuschild06
by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:32 PM

but how much is actually safe to leak before its time for baby to come?

Quoting larissalarie:

I know you're excited, but a teaspoon is almost.nothing. I leaked a lot more many times over weeks with my first and my water didn't truly break until later.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

rjmac88
by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Idk numbers but I do know I leaked steadily for about 12 hours and then stopped 14 hours after THAT I had my first contraction! When my son was born it was a completely dry birth. Not fluid no blood. I've wondered if it all leaked out in those 12 hours... Just keep drinking. Take your temp regularly. Keep everything out of you! Take vit c.

Quoting jesuschild06:

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

jesuschild06
by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM

so...... how dangerous is it to have sex after your water starts leaking? DF didnt go in me, but we did make love after my first leakage of water........ In anothr group someone said not to have sex afterwards. I never even thought about it causing an infection or anything. We had both just taken a shower an hour before. UGH. garsh, did we just cause a need for induction? :(

Quoting rjmac88:

Idk numbers but I do know I leaked steadily for about 12 hours and then stopped 14 hours after THAT I had my first contraction! When my son was born it was a completely dry birth. Not fluid no blood. I've wondered if it all leaked out in those 12 hours... Just keep drinking. Take your temp regularly. Keep everything out of you! Take vit c.

Quoting jesuschild06:

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN