Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

High fundal height and induction?

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:12 AM
  • 23 Replies
I see a midwife but had to see an ob today for a blood sugar consult. I measured 38 (I'm 32 weeks) and Thurs my midwife had me at 36/37. Idk if the ob was trying to scare tactic me into automatically switching or what but he kept telling me why "constantly high fundal height was concerning" (shoulder dysochia-sp is off, high birth weight, etc)

Does anyone have any info why fundal height would be too concerning? I can hold my own so I'm not afraid to tell the dr off if I see him again and my midwife knows I won't induce. So why is it such a big freaking deal?

(Fluid is normal, baby is measuring 2-3 weeks ahead via u/s, gd is unestablished)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TTC2Long
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd chalk it up to scare tactics, especially since you're seeing a doula. He's trying ti steal you over to "his" side.
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:21 AM

If your midwives are into herbs, ask them if Burdock might help get your blood sugar under control.  Possibly drink it in warm water, as a tea.

He's probably used to scaring women into begging for a c-section.  Jerk.

unspecified42
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Definitely this. All OBs are evil and they never have your best interest at heart. He definitely just wants to cut you for the money. Absolutely.

Quoting TTC2Long:

I'd chalk it up to scare tactics, especially since you're seeing a doula. He's trying ti steal you over to "his" side.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Um. Who said all and who mentioned c/s? I think its bedtime for you, ducky. You Iz cranky!

Quoting unspecified42:Definitely this. All OBs are evil and they never have your best interest at heart. He definitely just wants to cut you for the money. Absolutely.

Quoting TTC2Long:

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:28 AM
I always measured significantly higher than the week I was on, except with my youngest. I didn't have any issues with my older two.
unspecified42
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:29 AM
I'm at work... I was making a general statement about your ridiculous post.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Um. Who said all and who mentioned c/s? I think its bedtime for you, ducky. You Iz cranky!

Quoting unspecified42:Definitely this. All OBs are evil and they never have your best interest at heart. He definitely just wants to cut you for the money. Absolutely.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this
And I'm making a specific statement about your ridiculous post: get back to work.

Quoting unspecified42:

I'm at work... I was making a general statement about your ridiculous post.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting TTC2Long:

ballerina.2006
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:39 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm glad to see that it looks like a scare tactic. I'm very informed this time vs my first two. This dr rubbed me the wrong way from the start and even mentioned c-section. He's known for being more midwife friendly but I have my doubts!

Thank you for verifying what I thought :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 15, 2013 at 8:22 AM
I'm measuring four weeks ahead and my midwife is not concerned at all. She was even ok with no testing for gd!
larissalarie
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My sister measured like 6+ weeks ahead by early in the 20's weeks along. She had a 5 lb 1 oz baby. I've NEVER measured ahead, sometimes measured small. My children were 7/1, 9/3, & 9/12.
How you measure is usually pretty meaningless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)