Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

High fundal height and induction?

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:12 AM
  • 23 Replies
I see a midwife but had to see an ob today for a blood sugar consult. I measured 38 (I'm 32 weeks) and Thurs my midwife had me at 36/37. Idk if the ob was trying to scare tactic me into automatically switching or what but he kept telling me why "constantly high fundal height was concerning" (shoulder dysochia-sp is off, high birth weight, etc)

Does anyone have any info why fundal height would be too concerning? I can hold my own so I'm not afraid to tell the dr off if I see him again and my midwife knows I won't induce. So why is it such a big freaking deal?

(Fluid is normal, baby is measuring 2-3 weeks ahead via u/s, gd is unestablished)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TTC2Long
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd chalk it up to scare tactics, especially since you're seeing a doula. He's trying ti steal you over to "his" side.
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:21 AM

If your midwives are into herbs, ask them if Burdock might help get your blood sugar under control.  Possibly drink it in warm water, as a tea.

He's probably used to scaring women into begging for a c-section.  Jerk.

unspecified42
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Definitely this. All OBs are evil and they never have your best interest at heart. He definitely just wants to cut you for the money. Absolutely.

Quoting TTC2Long:

I'd chalk it up to scare tactics, especially since you're seeing a doula. He's trying ti steal you over to "his" side.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Um. Who said all and who mentioned c/s? I think its bedtime for you, ducky. You Iz cranky!

Quoting unspecified42:Definitely this. All OBs are evil and they never have your best interest at heart. He definitely just wants to cut you for the money. Absolutely.

Quoting TTC2Long:

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:28 AM
I always measured significantly higher than the week I was on, except with my youngest. I didn't have any issues with my older two.
unspecified42
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:29 AM
I'm at work... I was making a general statement about your ridiculous post.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Um. Who said all and who mentioned c/s? I think its bedtime for you, ducky. You Iz cranky!

Quoting unspecified42:Definitely this. All OBs are evil and they never have your best interest at heart. He definitely just wants to cut you for the money. Absolutely.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this
And I'm making a specific statement about your ridiculous post: get back to work.

Quoting unspecified42:

I'm at work... I was making a general statement about your ridiculous post.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting TTC2Long:

ballerina.2006
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:39 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm glad to see that it looks like a scare tactic. I'm very informed this time vs my first two. This dr rubbed me the wrong way from the start and even mentioned c-section. He's known for being more midwife friendly but I have my doubts!

Thank you for verifying what I thought :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 15, 2013 at 8:22 AM
I'm measuring four weeks ahead and my midwife is not concerned at all. She was even ok with no testing for gd!
larissalarie
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My sister measured like 6+ weeks ahead by early in the 20's weeks along. She had a 5 lb 1 oz baby. I've NEVER measured ahead, sometimes measured small. My children were 7/1, 9/3, & 9/12.
How you measure is usually pretty meaningless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)