Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Why did you become a natural/crunchy mom?

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:34 AM
  • 34 Replies

Why did you become a natural/crunchy mom?

For me, I started to look into what exactly went into cleaners and realized just how horrible they were for you, so I decided to make the change. I've been slowly switching to a more natural lifestyle.

by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
megthompson920
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM

For me it started with vaccinations. I started researching them, and their ingredients when my oldest was just under a year old. Then, I looked into cloth diapers because she had a severe rash on her behind that would not go away no matter what, so I started looking into the chemicals, and then looked into chemical cleaners lol and it just kept going and going.. now we use cloth diapers, make our own cleaners, use natural deodorants(not antiperspirant), use natural shampoo's or no poo, and I'm making the switch to momma cloth and a diva cup. My friends on the east coast where I'm from think I've lost my mind and joke that I'm their hippie friend :)

maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I did alot of the things I do now before I was a mom. It just seemed normal to continue my lifestyle when dd was born. Although I have gotten more crunchy as time goes by.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 15, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Started with bfing, then cosleeping, then baby wearing and cloth diapering lol. The bfing was out of money necessity and the others Just came with the territory lol
nikzup03
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I started researching ingredients in processed foods... And cooking from scratch.
JadeTigr7
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 4:35 PM
I started out being fairly AP. then I reconnected with a friend from church wo is pretty crunchy. We clicked on parenting and she got me looking into vaccinations, got me into cloth diapering, and eventually homebirthing. From there I started changing diet and cleaners and things. I got her into homeschooling.
milkmama36
by on May. 15, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I am still in the process of becoming a natural mom. Somethings are harder to change than others, like my passion for cloroxing EVERYTHING that can stand bleach. It all started with breastfeeding, then co-sleeping, delayed vaccinations, recycling, gardening, part time cloth diapering, cooking from scratch a little more.... Like I said, still in the process. I hope this post keeps growing, I am fascinated by how other mom's have become crunchy!

tnunley
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM
You all were very convincing when I first joined this group! lol Having kids actually caused me to rethink the ways I have been doing things! I liked the idea of clean living and enjoy making my own cleaning/beauty products!
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
brittney822
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 5:20 PM
When I became pregnant I became more aware of the chemicals in cleaners, I also became way more aware of what I was eating, and completely cut out all artificial sweetener products and eating organic. After I had baby I decided to try breastfeeding, that led to co-sleeping, baby wearing, natural remedies for illness/teething. I'm still slowly changing more and more as I learn more.
hapababies
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 6:30 PM
It started when I got pregnant with my first, and then it has been a progression for almost 4 years now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM
I just researched conventional foods and household products, paper diapers etc and it just snowballed from there :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)