Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

TTC naturally

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 12 Replies

My husband and I have been trying for almost 6 months and haven't had any luck yet. We know it's too soon to be tested but was wondering if there was any natural things we could try-other than BD, lol. That's as natural as it gets.

Any herbs to try?

by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maddiesmommy5
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:07 AM

We have been trying for about that long too, someone told me to drink green tea? I figured it couldn't hurt as its so good for you anyways. Its getting very frustrating though we did not think it would take this long :(

maddiesmommy5
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:09 AM

share some baby dust with you!baby dust

sm12
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM

First ting is definitely read 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' by Toni Weschler.  You don't have to read the whole book just the relevants sections, once you read it you will find out more about your body and cycle and be more aware of when you are ovulating which will help with timing.  There are different ways to know when you ovulate i.e. temping/charting, checking your cervical mucus (CM), checking your cervix position and using OPK's.  I read this when we were trying for my son and within three months we conceived.  It does a couple cycles to be able to predict when you will ovulate next.  With pregnancy 2,3,4 I did nothing as I knew exactly what to expect from my body and not to brag but just how good this technique is but we conceived after BD just one time.

With regards to herbs, you can start taking Red Raspberry Leaf (RRL) in capsule or tea form.  You can also take vitex and online you can find a product called Fertileaid.  I think both you and hubby can take Fertile Aid.  You can also go to any health store and ask them what to take to help with the process.  Good Luck and lots of baby dust.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM
I took my temp and kept my legs in the air for 10 minutes after bd.
CarlyK23
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Stop trying. Every person I know of who tries with scheduling and thermometers and calendars never has any luck until they just stop worrying about it and within weeks have been pregnant.

Karly112
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM
http://wellnessmama.com/8314/herb-profile-vitex/
lifeforchrist
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM

google maca powder

nicenround
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Traditional Medicinals has a great woman's tea that can help, and so can drinking lots of red raspberry tea. Drink those and then stop worrying about it. Just enjoy being witb your hubby. Stress will make it harder to conceive.
catholicmamamia
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We used NFP.. tried when most fertile.. conceived all four children (now 15, 10, 7, 4) on each first try. NFP has worked *very well* for us in both achieving and postponing pregnancy.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

3kidz123
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM

There are a lot of simple things that delay pregnancy. Some include bad timing, lack of vitamins, and stress.

When trying my hubby and I do it atleast every other day to avoid missing my fertile period. For the health part I take a pre-natal before trying and my hubby goes on a male multi vitamin. For stress doing it everyother day and NOT charting, temping, or peeing on ovulataion sticks is helpful. Also if you have any things that help reduce stress like walks, a hobby, or something else that calms you try to make that a regular part of your life.

The only other thing we did last time was adding decaf green tea (3 cups a day and make sure it's decaf). Oh and add a glass of whole milk a day to your diet if you don't drink milk.

The tea was the only new thing to my routine when I concieved my current pregnancy. We added the tea in for our second month trying and we got pregnant that month. (I do have to add that we have good fertility, my hubby and I have never tried more than two months before and this is baby 5 for us. So while the tea seemed to help us it might have happened that month for us without the tea.)

GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN