Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Help! Natural baby products??

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 18 Replies
I am looking for a good gentle shampoo/ body wash for dd that isnt too much money. I saw that a store nearby has Babyganics on sale but I read that these products have toxic preservatives when warmed. Any info? Or recommendations? Thanks!
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
We rarely use soap, plain old water gets kiddos as clean as they need to be!

I keep some Dr Bronners on hand for when we do want to use some. I prefer liquid which is about $15 for a 32 ounce bottle, so more than I like to pay. Instead I started buying the bars and "cooking" it into a liquid myself. One bar is $4 and I only need to dissolve half a bar to make 32 ounces.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Acarroll21
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I don't like to use much soap, but with the heat my chunky dd's fat rolls get yucky so I need a little something on hand. Thanks, I have heard of Dr. Bronners, where do you buy it from?

Quoting larissalarie:

I keep some Dr Bronners on hand for when we do want to use some. I prefer liquid which is about $15 for a 32 ounce bottle, so more than I like to pay. Instead I started buying the bars and "cooking" it into a liquid myself. One bar is $4 and I only need to dissolve half a bar to make 32 ounces.

larissalarie
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:34 PM
The health food store.

Water cleans chunky baby fat rolls great too :-)

Quoting Acarroll21:

I don't like to use much soap, but with the heat my chunky dd's fat rolls get yucky so I need a little something on hand. Thanks, I have heard of Dr. Bronners, where do you buy it from?

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Acarroll21
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Great, thanks!
And yes but the yuck comes off easier with a tad of soap lol and I wash her curly crazy hair every once in a while

Quoting larissalarie:

The health food store.

Water cleans chunky baby fat rolls great too :-)

Quoting Acarroll21:

Quoting larissalarie:

tuckermum
by Crysta on May. 17, 2013 at 2:18 PM
This :)

Quoting larissalarie:

justone_jen
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I use a goats milk soap from indigo wild, which is a local soap factory. I like soap, too. :)

It's not cheap, but I love it. They also make an awesome dog soap.
AudlyLuvly
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Quoting larissalarie:

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:39 PM
How do you cook it into a liquid?

Quoting larissalarie:

larissalarie
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Chop it up into pieces (I can usually get it a shaved consistency) then toss it into a sauce pan with a few cups of water. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until it completely dissolves (takes awhile). Then put it in in a 32 ounce container and fill up with more water if needed to fill container. After it cools it gets thick and kinda gel-like.

Quoting ceckyl:

How do you cook it into a liquid?

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bex55
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM

We use water first, Dr. Bronners when needed, and then water with tea tree oil when diaper changing, followed by coconut oil if needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN