Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Normal term BFing...I needed to read this!

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
Just saw this on Facebook last night and had to share it. I saw it at the right time because boy did I need to read it. Sorry, I can't make it clicky

http://www.drmomma.org/2009/07/breastfeeding-in-land-of-genghis-khan.html?m=1

I've been nursing for 3 years & 3 months+ with 2 kids around the clock. No break. I've been nursing someone all hours of the day that long. Lately it has been wearing on me big time.

My son (3) and daughter (19 months) both have sleep problems & autism/ sensory problems. I KNOW without nursing my youngest all night no one would get any sleep. There is really no other option. My son doesn't nurse at night except occasionally if he's waking up a lot. He typically only nurses a few times a day. But my youngest nurses alllll night. And if we go out places in public she gets very overwhelmed so all she wants to do is nurse in the Boba. It can be a lot for me and I get touched out. Hubby helps out. But lately I've gotten slack for it and have been told I'm basically harming my youngest by constantly meeting her needs. Sometimes it gets to me (I know what I'm doing is right) because I also feel like it's getting old sometimes. It's hard to sleep when your kid is nursing all night. I just needed a reminder of why I'm doing this, why it matters, and why it's NORMAL. My son is so independent and secure. I see it already.

Anyways, thanks for letting me vent lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:04 PM

everyone needs to vent sometimes (hugs)

catholicmamamia
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Vent away.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I enjoyed that. I've been dealing with a bit of pressure to wean or at least nurse less, it was nice to read how normal what I'm doing is. He's not even 1 1/2 yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 18, 2013 at 12:54 AM
I'm sorry I do understand. It's weird to have people saying something now. On my second nursing toddler lol. Oh well... Not many really know. It's just annoying though isn't it!

Quoting polkaspots:

I enjoyed that. I've been dealing with a bit of pressure to wean or at least nurse less, it was nice to read how normal what I'm doing is. He's not even 1 1/2 yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM
It's really annoying. Unfortunately I have to nip quite frequently, which means a lot of people see me and I do get a lot of comments. I was at a restaurant on Mother's Day and after he was done eating his food he really wanted to nurse, so we did. There were a lot of comments made about how he shouldn't still be nursing since he was just eating a plate of food by himself.

Quoting jconney80:

I'm sorry I do understand. It's weird to have people saying something now. On my second nursing toddler lol. Oh well... Not many really know. It's just annoying though isn't it!

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Corina1987
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:57 AM
I nurse 24 hours a day practically with my almost 3 month old. I get overwhelmed at times too. It's a demanding job. I plan to do it atleast a year. I can't imagine more than that for me because its so exhausting. Maybe it would relieve stress for you if you pumped the milk and gave it in a cup instead of nursing. Good luck!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I love this article!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM

great article!

jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)