Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I want a mei tai.

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM
  • 33 Replies
I want one for my birthday and was hoping you ladies could give me some feedback on where I should go to get one. I have a wrap that I love, but its a lot of fabric and its getting hot. It's also a pain in the butt when it takes more than a minute to put him in and my three year old is running away. Basically I'll go anywhere someone says is good, I'm just really cheap so I don't want to get one from some place I don't know anything about and end up not using it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM
I like the.maya ring slings and the ergo/beco for older kids. Both are cooler
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Inlove my freehand mei tai, I got it from frogmama.com. They also sell used so you may luck out and find they have a good used one. I suggest you get one eth padded shoulders and avoid infantino.

Have fun! I love my mei tai!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Infantino make an inexpensive MT...target carries it in store usually

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM
I was just looking at the infantino one since its only about $30 instead of the 89 and 119 that I saw elsewhere. I know infantino sucks, I have another carrier by them that DH uses, but I read a bunch oh positive reviews on amazon... I'll check out frogmama.com. I've heard to it before, but couldn't remember what it was.

Quoting jellyphish:

Inlove my freehand mei tai, I got it from frogmama.com. They also sell used so you may luck out and find they have a good used one. I suggest you get one eth padded shoulders and avoid infantino.

Have fun! I love my mei tai!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Ergo and beco have buckles, right? I don't want the buckles. I considered a ring sling for a while but I feel better with the weight on both shoulders instead of just one.

Quoting Precious333:

I like the.maya ring slings and the ergo/beco for older kids. Both are cooler

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I just saw that one a few minutes ago. I read some good reviews, but I've learned to stay away from them. Maybe if I can try one on at the store. I don't know of any stores that sell them in my neighborhood. There's one place in the city that I know sells wraps and ring slings, but I don't want one of those.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 18, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Their mei tai is actually pretty great! I was shocked but We have one in our babywearing international lending closet.  They also make a balance and a union that are SSC that arent bad at all and are ergonomic carriers.  Other carriers by them are crotch danglers lol

Quoting polkaspots:

I just saw that one a few minutes ago. I read some good reviews, but I've learned to stay away from them. Maybe if I can try one on at the store. I don't know of any stores that sell them in my neighborhood. There's one place in the city that I know sells wraps and ring slings, but I don't want one of those.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 6:48 PM
We were given one of their crotch danglers at out baby shower. Now that ds is older, my husband uses it occasionally when we're out for naps. I'm definitely considering the infantino mei tai. My birthday isn't until next month and I'm deciding between renting a pricier one for two weeks to try it out and just getting that one. I'll probably end up with the infantino though. When I can afford a neat looking one I'll get one, but for now I'd rather be cheap about it. I want to get my husband a better carrier, but we don't have the money for two and I use my wrap daily. He has only used his a handful of times in the past few months.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Their mei tai is actually pretty great! I was shocked but We have one in our babywearing international lending closet.  They also make a balance and a union that are SSC that arent bad at all and are ergonomic carriers.  Other carriers by them are crotch danglers lol

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I love my mei tais.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:31 PM

My favorite.. babyhawk. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)