Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

SAHM Medical Transcriptionist question

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:37 AM
  • 25 Replies
I am interested in taking the online course and doing this job from home. How is the course and how is the work? Is it hard to get a job doing this? Thank you.
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 19, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I have no clue

milkmama36
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Maybe the working moms forums will better answer your question?

larissalarie
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Quoting milkmama36:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Corina1987
by on May. 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Thanx. I will try to find that forum.

Quoting milkmama36:

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I know a girl that used to do it.  She did it for years and said that it can be hard work.  But she also said it was nice to be home with her two kids.

Corina1987
by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Thank you for the info. I would love to be able to stay home with my son and also make money even if it isn't easy.

Quoting Sarah725:

I know a girl that used to do it.  She did it for years and said that it can be hard work.  But she also said it was nice to be home with her two kids.

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Unfortunately It's a dieing career. My friend is one and I was looking into it also.

With everything in the offices going computerized there's really no need for it. Your better bet is to go into medical billing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Corina1987
by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I heard medical billing is hard to be able to do at home. I can't believe how hard it is to work from home nowadays. Thanx for the info.

Quoting snowangel1979:

Unfortunately It's a dieing career. My friend is one and I was looking into it also.

With everything in the offices going computerized there's really no need for it. Your better bet is to go into medical billing.

CatFishMom
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I took a course, spent eight hundred and something dollars on it. Got the certificate and not one person would even look at my resume because they all want people with experience. Unless youre willing to go work in an office and donate your time because theyre 'kind enough' to let you GET experience, youll never find a position. Well, I shouldnt say never-I cant predict the future but I sent resumes to I dont even know how many people and never got a response unless it was a short, thanks, we're looking for experienced transcriptionists. Personally, I would never recommend this to anyone, not if youre looking to only do it from home.

Corina1987
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for sharing your experience. Thats disappointing. I'm sorry that happened to you. It's so hard starting anything nowadays cause no one wants to give anyone a chance.

Quoting CatFishMom:

I took a course, spent eight hundred and something dollars on it. Got the certificate and not one person would even look at my resume because they all want people with experience. Unless youre willing to go work in an office and donate your time because theyre 'kind enough' to let you GET experience, youll never find a position. Well, I shouldnt say never-I cant predict the future but I sent resumes to I dont even know how many people and never got a response unless it was a short, thanks, we're looking for experienced transcriptionists. Personally, I would never recommend this to anyone, not if youre looking to only do it from home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)