Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breech EDIT #2 5/22 4:45 am

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:31 PM
  • 34 Replies

I just went to the OB today for an ultrasound and he is in the breach position with his feet up by his head. I'm 34 weeks and 4 days, the doctor said the closer I get to my due date, June 21st, the less likely it will be that he will turn. I didn't see my regular OB, it was the PA because I had to change my appointment last minute, and she didn't say I would have to have a c-section, but I know they will probably push for one if the baby doesn't turn.

I don't want to deliver breach and I definitely don't want a c-section, is there anything I can do to encourage him to move? I'm also having a lot of lower back pain due to his position.

EDIT: I've watched a few videos on vaginal breech births and it looks like the baby had it's first bm in utero, is that common for breech babies?

5/22 4:45 AM
I'm in bed and I can barelt move, my back hurts worse than ever. When I got up to go to the bathroom, I felt like a cripple, it felt like my hips are cockeyed. The bathroom is at the top of the stairs, I stood in the doorway for several minutes, afraid that if I tried to move I would tumble down the steps.
I went to a chiropractor yesterday, this place came highly recomended by my sister and she saw him during her pregnancy, but I don't know if he specializes in pregnant women or not. There are 2 men at this practice, but I didn't see the one she normally sees, I think this jerk owes me a free massage! But I wouldn't let him massahe me. Lol he had the nerve to try to sell me one after insulting me and messing up my back even more.
At this point, I wouldn't be able to push out a baby that was facing the right way, let alone a breech baby, so I certainly hope he moves and I find someone who can help fix my back.
by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
megthompson920
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Look up spinningbabies.com They have great tips to help baby flip. Also, if you want to deliver breach instead of  a c-section, you'll need to find an OB experienced in it. most don't even learn how to do it anymore, because they just opt for c-sections instead. I ended up with a c-section with my breach baby, but I had the option of delivery vaginally. I was just too scared, because my first baby got stuck.. like actually VERY stuck. So, I was scared, even though I think I could have done it. You can totally do it. watch breach vaginal deliveries on youtube also. 

bad_mama2011
by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I don't know if my OB does or not, I will ask at my appointment next week, thank you. I googled spinning babies and it said database error when I clicked the link, so I think the website is down or gone.

Quoting megthompson920:

Look up spinningbabies.com They have great tips to help baby flip. Also, if you want to deliver breach instead of  a c-section, you'll need to find an OB experienced in it. most don't even learn how to do it anymore, because they just opt for c-sections instead. I ended up with a c-section with my breach baby, but I had the option of delivery vaginally. I was just too scared, because my first baby got stuck.. like actually VERY stuck. So, I was scared, even though I think I could have done it. You can totally do it. watch breach vaginal deliveries on youtube also. 

megthompson920
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM

So, if you can't get the site to work. You can try to do an inverted thing. you put your knees on the couch, and then bring your head down towards the floor supporting yourself on your forearms. Do it a few times a day everyday and hold it for about 5 minutes each time. That is said to help invert them. Also if you have access to any kind of pool, my midwife told me to do handstands in the pool, and sometimes that helps. Definitely ask your ob about this at your next appointment. If he/she has been practicing a very long time, they may be skilled in it. 

Quoting bad_mama2011:

I don't know if my OB does or not, I will ask at my appointment next week, thank you. I googled spinning babies and it said database error when I clicked the link, so I think the website is down or gone.

Quoting megthompson920:

megthompson920
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM
bad_mama2011
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:40 PM

It's strange, the link you posted worked, don't know why it didn't work before. Thank you.

Quoting megthompson920:

http://spinningbabies.com/

bex55
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I have had my acupuncturist tell me there are things they can do to flip babies, moxibustion and some points that will help. Good luck! There is still plenty of time to flip, stay positive. :D

bex55
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Where are you? The hospital where I had my VBAC is very good at delivering breech babies, they still teach it to the med students there.

bad_mama2011
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I'm in PA and delivering at Hamot Women's hospital in Erie, that's where I had my second son.

Quoting bex55:

Where are you? The hospital where I had my VBAC is very good at delivering breech babies, they still teach it to the med students there.

bex55
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Oh I am in OR, can't get much further away, lol. Well seriously try finding a prenatal acupuncturist, mine was such a blessing my whole pregnancy. I would not have made it without her.

jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Go to spinningbabies.com and just know that your baby can turn during labor!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)