Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Do you mind severe weather?

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you love or hate severe weather?

Options:

Love it

Hate it

Indifferent about it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

With all the tornadoes-especially the one that just happened in OK, severe weather is on my moms minds.

Do you mind severe weather? Do you get worried when it starts thundering and lightening or do you love it?

by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I live somewhere that storms are very rare, but I used to live in tornado alley. I never freaked or got upset, what's the point? The only part I really mined was when they happened at night and woke my kids up! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annettey19
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I love thunderstorms, but tornadoes or hurricanes are a bit much.
amycrow0949
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I dont mind down pours or thunder and lightning but i dont want to live in a place that has tornados because they really scare me. Even tho i do like those states
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seabreeze9
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I live in tornado alley. We had one hit outside of town on Saturday. There isn't a lot you can do outside of watch the weather and be prepared.
JadeTigr7
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I'm from FL and pretty immune to bad weather.  We have thunderstorms almost every day during the summer, and hurricanes in the fall.

My parents and I would sit out on their screened in porch during the hurricanes.

I'm not so happy with the prospects of a tornado, but I don't freak out about it. 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Well, here sever weather means a couple inches of rain, or a haboob. There are annual wildfires a couple hours north of me, that sucks. But we don't really have to worry about natural disasters. Haboobs suck ass, but I'll take them over a destructive and deadly tornado any day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmbaby
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I've never liked storms, thought they don't bother me too much. Whenever I hear about tornados somewhere it freaks me out and I panic, especially now that I live on the 8th floor of an apartment build, rather than in a house with a basement. I'm terrified at the moment that something will happen and my DD will be hurt.

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I don't hate it, but I don't love or enjoy it either.

tuckermum
by Crysta on May. 22, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Severe thunderstorm don't mind at all. Tornados definitely make me uncomfortable. I actually live about 5 miles away from moore ok.
maddiesmommy5
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM

If its only thunder and lightening then I love it. I have always loved watching the storms. Tornado's, floods, and hurricanes I will happily live without...they scare me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN