Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Mei Tais

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 4 Replies

Are there any brands that I should avoid? Any that are better than others? TIA!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Avoid infantino. The straps are angled weird and don't wrap around securely. I also suggest getting one with padded shoulders. I love my freehand!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM

HMM the infantno was the only one that my best friend liked lol.  I like my Babyhawk brand

Quoting jellyphish:

Avoid infantino. The straps are angled weird and don't wrap around securely. I also suggest getting one with padded shoulders. I love my freehand!

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:00 PM
It may work with a woman with broad shoulders and a large tot, but I don't see it working with a baby at all. The straps go out instead of up, so when I pulled them up over my shoulders they made a huge gap between mei tai and baby, and I always felt like she was going to fall out.
But of course, that's my body and my baby's body. I just was baffled when I looked at the difference between that and other mei tais, I don't understand why the straps are made to go out. Then I looked closely at the pics on the box and all the kids are older and sitting up and even back a little, there's definitely space between them and the moms.
There's no one blanket answer for anyone though!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

HMM the infantno was the only one that my best friend liked lol.  I like my Babyhawk brand

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 22, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I have one from a wahm and I love it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)