Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I don't know what to do...

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am 16 years old and pregnant.  I was told by my doctor that the baby and I are healthy enough to go to a birthing center for me to give birth.  I don't know what to do.  I would love to go to a birthing center, but my grandparents keep pressuring my parents to make me go to the hospital to get a C-Section.  My parents want me to be in a calm environment and I think that the birthing center would be the best bet.  But I don't want my grandparents to be mad!  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  :)

by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Your grandparents have no say in where you give birth and I don't think having major abdominal surgery when you and baby are perfectly healthy. That's ridiculous.

Stand up for yourself and your baby.

Oh and congrats!
bekkah4
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Thank you.  :)

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Your grandparents have no say in where you give birth and I don't think having major abdominal surgery when you and baby are perfectly healthy. That's ridiculous.

Stand up for yourself and your baby.

Oh and congrats!

LiquidLuck
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I had my first at 15. My advice: Do not listen to anybody. You're an adult now and starting a family of your own. You need to make the decisions for your new little family. Most of us have to deal with "family advice" but it's harder to ignore when you haven't broken free yet. Just figure out what's best for you and your own and do it with confidence. You'll be fine.

TTC2Long
by on May. 22, 2013 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Why on earth do they think major abdominal surgery is safer than birthing the way your body was designed?? Don't let them influence your decision at all. Why should they have a say, anyway? And while you're at it, its pretty safe to assume their views on nearly everything else baby-related should be ignored as well. Good for you for wanting a natural birth! You can absolutely do it!
bekkah4
by on May. 22, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Thank you everyone!

Seabreeze9
by on May. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations!

Welcome to the new you. You are now a mother :) A big part of this is you are now going to have to be your own person and your own advocate. Your child will now rely on you to be able to stand up for them and you start with their entrance to the world. I know you are underage so it will be harder on you but you can do this. :)
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I suggest you do some research on elective c sections and their effects on you and the baby. And the healing. That way you can tell your grandparents you've done the research and you can be confident in your decision. Drugs and scalpels, no matter what anyone tells you, carry serious risks and effects, and it's important to be educated about them.

GL! And welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 22, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Congratulations on the baby.  You just have to do what you think is best.  Your young and will recover quickly from what ever kind of birth you have.  Surgery is a unneeded risk to your health I believe.  GL

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Do what feels best for you not what someone else wants you to do

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM

And congrats =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN