Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I need to vent!!!!

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:15 PM
  • 27 Replies

So my DD who is 16 months grew out of her cloth diapers.. We tried one size bumgenius but she was sensitive to the microfiber because no matter what I tried, she had rashes. I used them with my first with no problems. So we switched to prefolds.. Well, now she has grown out of her prefolds, and I don't have the money to buy more for another month, so my mom bought us a HUGE box of disposables. My poor sweet baby has the WORST diaper rash ever!!! it has sores, and she's bleeding, and welts, and it's so miserable she can't sit down! I really wish I could buy her a dozen of her prefolds right now, but money is tight, so I don't have a choice but to wait. It seems like every diaper cream I put on makes it worse, I've tried coconut oil, and extra virgin olive oil, i tried washing with dr bronners soap, and just plain water, i've tried cornstarch.. you name it! It seems like the chemicals in these stupid sposies is killing her booty. 

Then on top of a horrible day because of my baby's misery, my landlords are harping on us about yard work, when it's freaking pouring for the past 3 days. We live on 5 acres, so I have to go out and weed pretty much constantly and haven't been able to the past few days. We are not responsible for mowing, but we still get in trouble for areas that are unmowed.. ugh so much going on today, I just needed to get it out!

by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM
If you can, try to return the diapers at a Wal Mart. Use the in store credit to get some natural diapers (I think Huggies or Pampers might have some??)

Those diapers are supposed to have fewer chemicals, etc I'm them and they may work better.

Good luck, mama!!
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Can you tri fold the prefolds? Would that work?
Magnolia7
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Maybe flats?  $12 for six at green mountain diapers.

You can fold them to the size you need.

megthompson920
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:10 PM

No they are just way too small now. I tried trifolding, but they are the small size, and she needs a large size now. She's getting so big! She's 23 lbs now but SUPER TALL, so trifolded they don't work anymore either :(

Quoting ceckyl:

Magnolia7
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

And your landlord can stuff it, you can only get done what's possible with weather.

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Awe that sucks

Quoting megthompson920:

No they are just way too small now. I tried trifolding, but they are the small size, and she needs a large size now. She's getting so big! She's 23 lbs now but SUPER TALL, so trifolded they don't work anymore either :(

Quoting ceckyl:

hapababies
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I was going to say the same thing.
Can you return the box and use the money to buy some Gerber diapers. I have heard that they aren't the best, but maybe you can stuff them in her BGs. Plus, I think Gerbers diapers are made out of cotton, not microfiber.

Quoting ceckyl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emadele
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Walmart had potato sack towels on sale recently. They're probably still on sale. Cheap flats! Or! You can use tshirts! 1 tshirt makes 2 flats. Or there is a way to fold the whole tshirt into a diaper. :)

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
megthompson920
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

That is a great idea!!! I just lost a bunch of weight, and have a TON of t-shirts that are HUGE on me, so I could possibly cut those up as diapers.. that would work until I get some more money for new diapers. I plan on ordering a dozen large prefolds from green mountain diapers, I heard they have the best quality, I usually use cotton babies, but love the reviews of the GMD

Quoting Emadele:

Walmart had potato sack towels on sale recently. They're probably still on sale. Cheap flats! Or! You can use tshirts! 1 tshirt makes 2 flats. Or there is a way to fold the whole tshirt into a diaper. :)

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Sorry about babies tush. My parents have 5 acres, it's a lot of work.   Vent all you want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)