Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Postpartum girdles... How long do u wear yours?

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:55 AM
  • 28 Replies
I just got my postpartum girdle I just had baby 4 days ago. Got home yesterday and wore my girdle for a bit, today I did afternoon.. Took a break and now I'm about to put it back on for a few more hours.. Just wondering if any ladies wear it 24/7 or just during the day.???

. I find it very uncomfortable but love the results lol

I have a Ardyss postpartum girdle .. Don't know if anybody else has one but they're extreme compared to the ones in target or mall lol
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodyBrook
by on May. 25, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Never heard of them!  I'm nearly 5 months post-partum...probably too late for me to get one...

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 1:52 AM
I had a belly band and I wore it for about an hour. It was just too hot and uncomfortable. I tried again when my second was born and didn't last much longer. Both my babies were winter babies too, so it was just the unnecessary clothing that did it. I am seriously considering getting one after this baby is born because its my last pregnancy for the time being and I'm hoping it can help make me less flabby. Idk yet though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on May. 25, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I wore a belly binder all day, except when showering or sleeping, for a couple of months postpartum. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on May. 25, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Mine were all born cs and I have a spinal disease, so I really needed it.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

wenDmommy
by on May. 25, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Thanks for ur replies.. I don't feel so bad knowing I'm not the only one who doesn't like them lol...

Considering its my fourth and I'm older and really want my body not to be as bad I'm gonna try and tough it out and go all day except for sleeping... Oh no lol hope I can do 3 months of this
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 25, 2013 at 2:46 AM
What is it
Annettey19
by on May. 25, 2013 at 2:48 AM
I wore mine all day sometimes, and at night usually. If it got uncomfortable I'd take it off for a while though.
AudlyLuvly
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Yeah.. no. I just exercise when I get the okay from my doctor. None of my shit is hanging without the need to purchase anything.
littlelambe2
by on May. 25, 2013 at 3:00 AM

I wore my abdominal wrap 24/7 (except showering, of course) for about 4-5 weeks. Couldn't quite get to the 6 week suggested mark because I have large hips and a small waist and it would just compress my hip bones and not support my core. If I tried to do it tighter, it would make my hips ache. 

littlelambe2
by on May. 25, 2013 at 3:02 AM

I have a small umbilical hernia, so I need it unless I want surgery. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN