Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Anyone in here have special needs children?

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:32 AM
  • 11 Replies
I would live to meet other kind who not only have special needs but who parent naturally also. I always have questions but I can't seem to find anyone who has experience :(
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annelauer
by on May. 26, 2013 at 4:07 AM
We have one who has special needs and two who are typically developing. I'm not sure I'm qualified to answer questions, but I can certainly sympathize. :)
Monkiebut
by Tiffany on May. 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM
My son has cystic fibrosis, asthma and a sensory disorder. My oldest daughter has severe asthma and my younger daughter is developmentally delayed.
It's hard to always natural parent when the doctors are against it.
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM
My oldest doesnt have any sort of diagnosis. My mil says he is a lot like his dad, who has adhd, and i have suspected sensory.processing.disorder as well.....hes a super sensitive kid.
catholicmamamia
by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM

BUMP for moms of sn kids. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Jenn8604
by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:36 AM
My son has autism. He takes melatonin only to help with his sleep issues. I refuse any medication. Do Drs not realize what some of those things do? Help drug addicts come off their highs. They eat out your insides, and people become addicted.
No thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megthompson920
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I have a daughter who's 3.5 with Aspergers, and sensory processing disorder. We are all natural, no medications of any kind. I give my daughter a liquid vitamin, and a natural sleep supplement called nite lite, that has melatonin in it. No chemicals, no Rx's. I'm with a PP who said no thanks to those medications, they do not help any of the problems, just cover up some of the symptoms.

Monkiebut
by Tiffany on May. 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I have to medicate my son, without his meds he would be dead. The life expectancy of CF, before meds, was 4-5 years. Now it's it the 30's. to me that's worth minimal side affects.

But at the same point my brother is autistic and was never medicated and is fine, he made it relativly unharmed to his 20's.
jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 27, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I have 3 kids with Aspergers. We choose to parent them naturally. I have a 10 year old daughter, 3 year old son, and 20 month old daughter. My son was DX with ASD at 2.5. He has severe sleep problems. My oldest is being evaluated for autism right now. And my youngest has all of the same signs as my son... Sensory processing problems, mixed receptive expressive language disorder, & very rigid or repetitive behaviors etc. She has severe sleep problems too. My oldest sleep walks and has ADHD symptoms, OCD symptoms, and sensory processing problems. It's very interesting at our house LOL!! Autism circus =) I don't do meds except for my son. If he didn't take Klonopin he would never ever sleep. When he turned 2 he wasn't sleeping at all. Melatonin is a joke for him. We are still working on diets and are GFCF but doing GAPS soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM

My ds has multiple disabilies.  He has cerebral palsy, epilepsy, developemental delays, anda  neurological condition that causes autistic like symptoms.  My dd had some issues with hearing as an infant that surgery corrected.

Juniper53098
by June on Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM

My son has Aspergers.  We are treating him with ABA therapy and diet (GAPS).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)