Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4wk old sleeping more.

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 7 Replies
So I know this sounds silly and I kind of just need some reassurance.
Forrest has been quite colicky the last few days and while he has been sleeping pretty well at night(I nurse and co sleep) he has been awake and crying most of the day, he's also been doing a lot if comfort nursing.
Well this morning he woke at about 7:30 but was just moving around, I tried feeding him but he wasn't interested. So we just laied there, he drifted in and out. He fully woke at about 8 kicking and moving his arms but in a good mood. I tried feeding and he nursed for about 10min and was done.
We went out into the living room and I changed his diaper and clothes and put him in his little chair, I was fixing my other kids breakfast and he was getting fussy. Not 3 min later I look over and he was asleep.
This is the first time he has fallen asleep NOT nursing or being in the car.
He's peeing and pooing fine, temp is fine, soft spot is fine, but I'm still just a little concerned I guess.
The only thing that has changed on my end is that I've been taking fenegreek for 3days now to help with having to pump for going back to work.
Could this change my milk and make him feel fuller, therefore sleep more??
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Magnolia7
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM

My baby is 4 weeks right now, too.  I think at this point they're starting to get a bit more organized - nursing more efficiently, having more of that quiet alert time. 

The past couple of days my little man has stopped crying during diaper changes and he did great on the car ride to the grocery store.  They're starting to get the hang of the life-on-the-outside thing.  :)

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Extra sleeping is one way a baby goes through growth spurts, usually at the end of a growth spurt (that's what I'd noticed anyway). Phases like this are normal and short lived. Live it up while you can, get some extra rest yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diatech12
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Thank you ladies, I didn't think about growth spurt!
He woke up again and nursed for about 10min, spit my nip out and fell back asleep.
He may bent third baby but he is very different from my first two lol!
Sarah725
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Maybe baby is in a growth spurt and just needs more sleep.

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on May. 29, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Fenugreek causes gas issues and that woud explain the colicky actions..he may be gettng used to it now

catholicmamamia
by on May. 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Quoting jellyphish: Extra sleeping is one way a baby goes through growth spurts, usually at the end of a growth spurt (that's what I'd noticed anyway). Phases like this are normal and short lived. Live it up while you can, get some extra rest yourself.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Hows everything going?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)