Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthing with dolphins......

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM
  • 23 Replies
Now I'm all for doing it however you want to. It this just seems un-necessarily dangerous...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/28/dolphin-assisted-birth-heather-barrington-adam-barrington_n_3346982.html

Thoughts? Input?

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MacMamaof5
by Member on May. 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM

um....no.  But, it's their decision.  Would it be prejudice to say humans should be with humans and the animal kingdom with their own during birth...or life in general?  I mean, besides pets?  But that's just me.  Call me crazy...lol!

May-mom
by on May. 30, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Yeaaaa that does not seem safe at all. You're in the ocean, sharks could smell the blood, plus as the article states, dolphins can attack humans! And how would you be able to swim through contractions or not let the baby drown? But those are just my worries... I'm sure they've thought about stuff like that? I hope
Emadele
by Member on May. 30, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Hopefully they thought it through..... Though something tells me not everything has been taken into consideration.

Quoting May-mom:

Yeaaaa that does not seem safe at all. You're in the ocean, sharks could smell the blood, plus as the article states, dolphins can attack humans! And how would you be able to swim through contractions or not let the baby drown? But those are just my worries... I'm sure they've thought about stuff like that? I hope

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
MacMamaof5
by Member on May. 30, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Omygoodness!  I was actually thinking the same thing.  I just got this feeling from the couple that they are so fascinated with the idea that it does not seem like anything was thought through.

funhappymom
by on May. 30, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I saw this yesterday and thought weird. To each their own.

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Not my style.

Lydlou02
by on May. 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM
don't worry about the baby drowning. Babies don't take their first breath until they emerge from the water. And one wouldn't have to swim, just float or tread water.

Quoting May-mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.hartman12
by on May. 30, 2013 at 9:54 AM

well freedom of choice is freedom of choice no matter how strange. 

RheaF
by on May. 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Did you see that the "institute" has had no births actually done this way?? I hope they change their minds.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2013 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this
"Sirius Institute is a research consortium with the purpose of "dolphinizing" the planet. This means the integration of the Cetacea (dolphins and whales) into our culture as we raise the level of consciousness to more like theirs. A second goal is the 'humanization of space' which involves the settlement of the solar system and beyond."

Ummm.... do they not understand that there ARE limitations for each species? This reminds of that idiotic Bush quote about co existing with the fish. There's a watery limitation there, people! And colonizing space? Riiiiiiight.
I don't think anything in this article- dolphin attended birth especially- is actually natural.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)