Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who planted a garden this year?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Who planted a garden this year? What did you plant?

I have tomatoes, peppers, various herbs (sage, parsley, mint-chocolate and orange, stevia, chives, basil, a few other ones), onions, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, asparagus. I need to get my beet seeds in the ground yet and maybe a couple yellow and green squash seeds.

My garden is pretty full right now. I wish we had more room for gardening.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 9:53 AM

We planted things in topsy turvys and pots, we cat get a full garden to grow in the soil in our yard, its pretty awful.  We have lots of different kinds of tomatos, sweet pepers, cucumbers and strawberries

taurusmom88
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM
In the process. Im new to gardening. Ive got tomatoes, pumpkins, watermelon, lemon balm and carrots. Im going to be adding herbs soon too. My strawberries died because of the wind.
Mrs.Salz
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:56 AM

This is our first year - finally have space now that we've finished most of our outdoor and remodeling projects! We planted green beans, carrots, pumpkins, tomatoes, cucumber, and a bunch of herbs. Hoping to expand next year when the kids are a little older.

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Do you grow stevia from seed? How do you preserve it? I saw some ideas on online and am thinking about doing it!

bloomsr
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 11:23 AM
We planted carrots, cucumbers, peas, hops and tomatoes. We have a rhubarb patch and chives as well.
tuckermum
by Crysta on May. 31, 2013 at 12:28 PM

so far tomatoes peppers egg plant and basil.

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Not this year.. too busy! 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 11:09 PM
We did! I have strawberries, sugarsnap.peas, peas, raddishes, beets, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, swiss chard, cucumbers...i.think thats it lol i have to take a picture later of my other babies :)
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Nope, I have a black thumb. But I will be busting my heiney when the wild blueberry and blackberry bushes start producing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikzup03
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Me. Peppers, hot and sweet all kinds of variety. Tomatoes. Potatoes. Carrots, onions, garlic (last fall, almost ready for harvest) curry, spinach (done for, didn't to so well) basil, cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupe, pumpkin. For perennials we have a peach tree, Concord grapes, raspberries, strawberries, mint, oregano. :) sounds like a lot, but its not really...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)