Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you regret anything about your homebirth?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 25 Replies

WHat I mean is there something you wish you'd done, or something you wish you had not done.  Like wish you had video, or wish you had pictures, or wish you'd had less people or more people there.  Did you have your kids there and wish you had not, or the other way around?

I want to have no regrets..which I know is virtually impossible but still lol.  This will be my last delivery and my first homebirth

by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I wish I'd had more pictures of my first homebirth, but I have awesome video of my daughter coming out.

With my 2nd I wish I had video of her birth, but I have a ton of awesome pictures.

I never regretted having my kids there, and the amount of people never bothered me as they were all personally invited. 

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Quoting JadeTigr7:

I wish I'd had more pictures of my first homebirth, but I have awesome video of my daughter coming out.

With my 2nd I wish I had video of her birth, but I have a ton of awesome pictures.

I never regretted having my kids there, and the amount of people never bothered me as they were all personally invited. 

Yeah I know I will NOT regret my homebirth..no way, but want to get details right lol

BlessedMammaof2
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Following. I'll give my own response when my little peanut decides to make its debut. I'm 9 days overdue as it is.
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM

AWWW good luck momma, I hope I dont go overdue

Quoting BlessedMammaof2:

Following. I'll give my own response when my little peanut decides to make its debut. I'm 9 days overdue as it is.

Seabreeze9
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I wish I would have talked with the lady doing my photography about what I was wanting for photos. I don't have a lot of good photos I can share.

I also wish I would have talked more with my midwife about how I wanted to birth.

Even with the things that did not go the way I wanted I still would not trade my home birth for anything.
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Quoting Seabreeze9:

I wish I would have talked with the lady doing my photography about what I was wanting for photos. I don't have a lot of good photos I can share. see thats good info, though not sure what types of pictures I want though..I do want very sentimental ones I can share and some that are just ours

I also wish I would have talked more with my midwife about how I wanted to birth. my midwife wants me to make a birth plan and I have NO CLUE.  I just want few cervix checks, very little touching unles I ask for it.  I really just want her there when it gets TOUGH and its delivery time lol, otherwise I just want to be left alone if that makes sense

Even with the things that did not go the way I wanted I still would not trade my home birth for anything.

Habibti812
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I wish my husband would have filled up the pool faster! lol I didn't even make it in. But my home birth was #4 and was fast and furious. My midwife walked in as she was being born!

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Quoting Habibti812:

I wish my husband would have filled up the pool faster! lol I didn't even make it in. But my home birth was #4 and was fast and furious. My midwife walked in as she was being born!

Mine is my 5th baby, hoping it'll be fast lol.

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Our UC was perfect although I wish we would have had more pictures right after the birth - DH took some but it was dim in the room and they turned out blurry. I didn't want to hire a professional photographer though and we took some other ones a few minutes later once we got into bed so I'm happy with how it ended up.

I really needed more PP help. Since I was home I didn't get that day lying in bed like I had in the hospital with DS1 so I was up and doing things sooner than I would have liked to because I had to. DH only got 1 day off work.

And not birth related, but more cloth diapers than I thought I needed. I ended up disliking prefolds even more than I expected and wish we had spent more money on more NB fitteds so we didn't have to use as many disposables as we did.

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Oh and I could have used at least twice as much afterease tincture as I bought. Totally worth the money to buy more!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)