Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Homebirthers...what room did you give birth in?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM
  • 22 Replies

What room did you actually give birth in? Is it the room you planned on or did you chage your mind?  I had started of thinking the living room, then thought no my bedroom...now I am thinking the nursery is the best places away from the other kids room, more space and the pool will be able to be set up earlier without being messed with.  COurse this could all change because I know moms who moved to the bathroom ad delivered there lol

by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Salz
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Bathroom. I walked around the house cleaning up during early labor, spent later active labor and transition in the bedroom, and moved to the bathroom when I started pushing. I planned to deliver in the shower to minimize mess but didn't make it and there wasn't THAT much mess anyway. (no waterbirth)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Bathroom. I walked around the house cleaning up during early labor, spent later active labor and transition in the bedroom, and moved to the bathroom when I started pushing. I planned to deliver in the shower to minimize mess but didn't make it and there wasn't THAT much mess anyway. (no waterbirth)

My friend recently gave birth on her bathroom floor and there was little mess too.  My bathroom is so small and cramped I hope thats not my spot lol

charity987
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I gave birth in the bathroom. I labored in the living room but once I hit transition, I couldn't stop pooping (sorry if that's tmi). So, I labored on the toilet. I think my mom thought I'd deliver in my bedroom, but it's small & cramped. Plus clean up was much easier on the ceramic tile than it would have been on carpet. Whenever I envisioned the birth it was always in the bathroom. Not sure why. But it worked.
sikau
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I had a waterbirth.  Labored mostly in my bedroom, then in the pool which was set up in the nursery.  That's where I delivered.  

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 31, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I bet this will be me..its how I see it if I REALLLY think about it

Quoting sikau:

I had a waterbirth.  Labored mostly in my bedroom, then in the pool which was set up in the nursery.  That's where I delivered.  

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the idea of delivering in baby's room. I never thought of that.

Quoting sikau:

sikau
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM

It's exactly how I wanted it.  Sounds corny, but now my glider is set up in almost the exact same spot as where I was in the pool when I delivered and it makes me happy to sit there with my daughter while we read/nurse/play/etc.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting sikau:

Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Bedroom.twice, we will see where this time.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 31, 2013 at 12:53 PM

My glider is in the living room..I live in it lol.  I have the old wooden rocker that was my husbands great great grandmothers in the nursery, she actually birthed kneeling in front of it....its in the nursery so seems fitting to deliver there

Quoting sikau:

It's exactly how I wanted it.  Sounds corny, but now my glider is set up in almost the exact same spot as where I was in the pool when I delivered and it makes me happy to sit there with my daughter while we read/nurse/play/etc.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting sikau:

JadeTigr7
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM
First time we were in a 3 story town home and we set the pool up on the bottom floor. I really liked the shower in there.

Second time we set the pool up in my room.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)