Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 13 Replies

Did you use a particular method for potty training?  We never really have but oce our boys were ready, they were willing to go!  My 2nd was leary abouy pooping lol but we got him to go by basically making him sit at the times we new he would go.  My youngest is a month over 3, he refuses to use the potty...refuses, screams and cries and runs.  Whether it be in the bathroom, living room, his room doesnt matter.  He LOVES his diapers, says his diapers are cool.  I thought cloth diapered kids trained easier/sooner? LOL

by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I've never seen a cloth diaper kid train earlier or easier.

I don't really have a method other than wait until they're ready, and let them run around naked at first. My oldest I pushed it and trained her at 18 months, learned my lesson on that one. With my younger 2 they were ready right around when they turned 2, piece of cake no real effort required on my part.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Decemberlov
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I let mine run around naked so when they did have to go i could just plop their little hiney on the potty super quick. They I let them pick out panties they liked  - there were few accidents before they realized how gross it felt.

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 12:54 PM

ALl my local friends say this..they have like 18 month olds who are fully trained lol

Quoting larissalarie:

I don't really have a method other than wait until they're ready, and let them run around naked at first. My oldest I pushed it and trained her at 18 months, learned my lesson on that one. With my younger 2 they were ready right around when they turned 2, piece of cake no real effort required on my part.

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 12:56 PM

In our old house we had hardwood floors, much easier to do the naked and clean up the mess, our whole house is carpeted and a pain to soak up the mess lol.  AND anywhere my son goes the cat decided he needs to go too. ARGH

He has some cool undies he loves but guess he loves the softness of the diapers, hes tried to put the undies OVER the diapers

Quoting Decemberlov:

I let mine run around naked so when they did have to go i could just plop their little hiney on the potty super quick. They I let them pick out panties they liked  - there were few accidents before they realized how gross it felt.

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Yes it is statistically correct that cloth kids train earlier but if he's not ready I would just leave it. He's still in the norml range. In sure one day in of te blue e will notice a friend wearing undies or something ad decide diapers are not cool anymore.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

ALl my local friends say this..they have like 18 month olds who are fully trained lol

Quoting larissalarie:

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Thats the thing he is not around kids HIS age, he is around his older brothers.  Man I NEED him trained before the baby comes in August..I dont want 2 in diapers!

Quoting ceckyl:

Yes it is statistically correct that cloth kids train earlier but if he's not ready I would just leave it. He's still in the norml range. In sure one day in of te blue e will notice a friend wearing undies or something ad decide diapers are not cool anymore.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting larissalarie:

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Yeah I understand :( I pushed for my dd to be done before ds was born.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Thats the thing he is not around kids HIS age, he is around his older brothers.  Man I NEED him trained before the baby comes in August..I dont want 2 in diapers!

Quoting ceckyl:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting larissalarie:

JadeTigr7
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:28 PM
None of mine have potty trained before the age of 3. I've had at least two in diapers since I had my 2nd. My 5 year old is still in pull ups. He can poop in the potty but thanks to a botched circ he cannot feel when he needs to urinate until its too late. My 3 1/2 year old prefers her diapers although she could if she wanted. I tried to push it at three and she peed in all kinds if places so I gave up, and then I also have my almost 3 month old in diapers.
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 2:29 PM

If he was not over 3 years old I wouldnt push honestly, but he has to be trained by age 4 or will not be accepted to preK which I want him in because of how well my others did

Quoting ceckyl:

Yeah I understand :( I pushed for my dd to be done before ds was born.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting ceckyl:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting larissalarie:

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I did nothing.. just waited until they told me they wanted to only use the potty and wear underpants, and then that is what they did. No tears, no accidents.. it just happened. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)