Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it's like a 5 star hotel

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM
  • 4 Replies

this girl I worked with today could not understand why I want to have my baby at home. she just had a baby 3 months ago at the new hospital birth center and said it was like a 5 star hotel. they gave her an epidural at 8cm, keep the baby for her for 2 days so she could rest and waited on her hand and foot. I tried to explain that i have my reasons but once she started talking about how wrong it is to "eat" your placenta I gave up. I am so burnt out on trying to be nice and explain myself to people. to each their own.

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Sometimes it's just not worth it to beat your head against the wall, because you're the one that ends up with the head ache.
There aren't too many people I know in real life who don't see birth as a medical emergency that calls for a bunch of interventions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isaacsmommy68
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
I have a lot of respect for women who birth at home. I had mine in the hospital. Thankfully I did. I would have bled to death with my first and my second would not have made it. Both pregs were normal and didn't indicate problems. But t he hospitals were great and didn't pressure you with anything. And were probreastfeeding.
MacMamaof5
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Tell her to get an itemized bill and then she will see why they waited on her hand and foot!  Sheesh!  To keep the baby in the nursery alone will cost you/insurance $500 a day and all for them to bring the baby back to you if it's hungry or need changing. As far as telling her about the "eating your placenta" thing, details like that will always get you a "stank eye" from those who are in love with an epidural..I'd perhaps hold a conversation about homebirth but keep it to a bare minimal on the details--especially with people like that.  But you don't have to stop talking about what you want for your birth altogether.  A big part of enjoying your pregnancy is having discussions with other moms. But know when to cut the negative ones short.

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

If it were me I would not bother speaking with that co-worker in the future, we would just have too many differences.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)