Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Baby shower question

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 18 Replies
My friends are throwing me a baby shower and I'm wondering what to do. We're using cloth diapers and all natural baby products. Should I note that information somehow? How would be a tactful way to do it so that I don't sound ungrateful? Thanks for your help!
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadieJames
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM

On my registry for Target and Babies R us I added in the comments section "I plan to breastfeed and cloth diaper.  Any natural gifts not listed on the registry are very welcome.  Thank you so much for your love" I also let the people who were throwing the shower my plans.  I still got some random stuff but not much.

MommaTasha1003
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM

You could try registering for only natural baby products/cloth diaper stuff.... But I know a lot of people totally ignore the registry & just get what they want... But I do think its important to note because J&J and Pampers are a very popular, easy gift.

Maybe it would help to get the word out by mouth/facebook... Just mentioning to people in conversation how you will only be using natural products/cloth diapers..

"All natural products prefered for this perfect bundle of joy!"maybe? ....

If anyone buy gift sets you could exchange them. Hope you figure something out :)

With family should be able to be straight forward with it without seeming rude..

Britty1987
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM
That's a great way to word it. Thanks!

Quoting SadieJames:

On my registry for Target and Babies R us I added in the comments section "I plan to breastfeed and cloth diaper.  Any natural gifts not listed on the registry are very welcome.  Thank you so much for your love" I also let the people who were throwing the shower my plans.  I still got some random stuff but not much.

Britty1987
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I agree with you there. Those products are so widely available and popular. I recently moved 11 hours away from my friends and family, but the shower will be there. I may use Facebook to get the word out. People who read my posts know I plan on using cloth diapers and that I already use natural products so that will help I hope

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

You could try registering for only natural baby products/cloth diaper stuff.... But I know a lot of people totally ignore the registry & just get what they want... But I do think its important to note because J&J and Pampers are a very popular, easy gift.

Maybe it would help to get the word out by mouth/facebook... Just mentioning to people in conversation how you will only be using natural products/cloth diapers..

"All natural products prefered for this perfect bundle of joy!"maybe? ....

If anyone buy gift sets you could exchange them. Hope you figure something out :)

With family should be able to be straight forward with it without seeming rude..

Mrs.Salz
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My MIL mentioned it to people when she hosted one for me or you can add a note to your registry like mentioned.

Or if you do an amazon registry or the one where you can add sites from all over the web, you can put cloth diapers on there and hopefully most people will figure it out.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

An Amazon registry would be great because it would allow a wider variety of purchases! I would word it nicely on a regular registry like mentioned above also. 

Lovin_mybaby5
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just accept gifts and whatever I kknow I dont want I would exchange....

Magnolia7
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:32 PM
My MIL shared my registry and note that I'd be cloth diapering on the invites. I think you can register at greenmou taindiapers. My family and friends were great about going by the registry.
larissalarie
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM
As a person who's been to many, many baby showers...I know how to ask the guest of honor/family/friend where they're registered/what they'd like or need. No need to print it on the invitations and breech etiquette. People will either get you whatever the heck they want (and then you can return it for store credit) or they'll make an effort to find out what you really want/need. So just let whoever is hosting the shower know your preferences and they'll let anyone know who inquires.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I just return things I didn't want. My step mom bought me bottles, a bottle warmer, a bottle dryer, a bottle dishwasher thingy, disposable diapers and a johnsons huge gift pack...
My son was ebf, I used cloth and only natural wash and didn't start lotion until after one.
I returned everything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN