Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natural migraine relief

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 4 Replies

I've started getting migraines just this year. Most of them are wither allergy or sleep deprivation related. Usually I pop two advil and try to rest and they usually go away.

They start out with a headache and then I start getting either tunnel vision or light flashes. Both are very annoying but go away with advil and rest.

I'd like to get away from using advil but I'm not sure what natural remedies I could try-other than sleep, lol.

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
larissalarie
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM
You could get a Baltic amber necklace. I got one to wear when I was still getting migraines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maddiesmommy5
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM

THIS! I used to get migraines a few times a week, started wearing Baltic amber and I have had two in the last few months! 

Quoting larissalarie:

You could get a Baltic amber necklace. I got one to wear when I was still getting migraines.

CafeMom Tickers
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Have you ever tried cutting out gluten? I know there is a big link between gluten sensitivities and migraines.

Magnolia7
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:50 PM
I use natural calm magnesium to prevent and right when I feel one coming on. Limit caffeine, lots of water to stay hydrated. It's very helpful to have a regular sleep routine and daily exercise. Feverfew and butterbur are supplements to look into.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN