Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

hibiclens

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 11 Replies
Is it really safe to use? I bought some today and just read the box. On there it says don't use on genitals.
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM

It's what they use in the OBs and MWs offices, as well as what they would use in the hospital. Why would you think you needed it? 

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Just a precaution. I didn't get tested for gbs so my midwife wants me to use it every time I shower until the baby comes. I'm 39 weeks.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

It's what they use in the OBs and MWs offices, as well as what they would use in the hospital. Why would you think you needed it? 

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

She didn't give any natural options, like garlic, echinacea, taking large doses of probiotics, eating fermented foods, TTO, and Vitamin C? Did she not mention that even if you do have it, that only .5% of babies will ever be affected by it? Have you looked into the ins and outs of GBS? It's worth reading into. :) Good luck! 

Quoting somuchlove4U:

Just a precaution. I didn't get tested for gbs so my midwife wants me to use it every time I shower until the baby comes. I'm 39 weeks.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

I'm Mary married(since 10-5-08) to Dallen, mommy to Serenity(2008) & Caidence(2010). Christian, SAHM, Full- term breast feeding, Cloth diapering, Vaccinating, Anti-CIO/Sleep-training, Natural birthing, holistic loving, AP, ERF, Bedsharing/co-sleepingresearch-loving kinda mama.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Its what my midwife will have me using..shes pretty strict about safety

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:00 PM
She didn't mention natural ways. I didn't ask either. I knew about the %, which is why I am not to concerned about it.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

She didn't give any natural options, like garlic, echinacea, taking large doses of probiotics, eating fermented foods, TTO, and Vitamin C? Did she not mention that even if you do have it, that only .5% of babies will ever be affected by it? Have you looked into the ins and outs of GBS? It's worth reading into. :) Good luck! 

Quoting somuchlove4U:

Quoting MaryJarrett:

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I've never heard of it 

Magnolia7
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I used it in the shower after a positive gbs swab. Also probiotics and tto vag suppositories. Second swab was negative.
Terpsichore
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM

My midwife last pregnancy said to use it every 6 hours once labor starts/water breaks. I used it before my GBS test this time around and still tested positive. =(   

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I've never heard of it but I'm sure if so many midwives use it then it's good.

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM

All I know is that it is a popular recommendation among MWs.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN