Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Do you like commercial natural products?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM
  • 23 Replies
I haven't gotten to making a lot of my own products, yet. I have been buying more of the natural products lately and realized that I have the same 2 brands, Toms and Kiss My Face. My skin is definitely going through a transition right now, especially my face. I've been using products with Salicylic acid for over 20 years now. I'm getting pimples like crazy, but I'm staying strong and not getting more of any products with SA. Hopefully, my skin will even out soon.
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Going with no products at all for the most part is what I now prefer.
Skin will even out, but unfortunately even "natural" products minus the chemicals still strip all the natural oils and good things away leaving your skin to figure it how the heck to deal with that (usually by overproducing oil and acne, etc).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Nope. Too expensive, not natural enough.
Have you tried castor oil cleanse for your face?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I should add, it is a good stepping stone. :) I feel the same way about "natural" cleaners as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I've been meaning to ask you about using Dr. Bronners soap. I was able to get some on sale in the liquid form. Have you ever tried using it in the liquid form?
Quoting larissalarie:

Skin will even out, but unfortunately even "natural" products minus the chemicals still strip all the natural oils and good things away leaving your skin to figure it how the heck to deal with that (usually by overproducing oil and acne, etc).
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I am super lucky to have a discount store that sells the organic and natural products for 50-60% off. Otherwise, I would never be able to afford that kind of craziness. I have never heard of a castor oil cleanse! All I know about castor oil is that it makes you poop and you shouldn't use it to induce labor, lol.
Quoting jellyphish:

hapababies
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM

It pretty much has been a stepping stone for me.  As I learn more about making my own, I am deciding which soaps and personal products are going to be realistic for me to make.

Quoting jellyphish:

I should add, it is a good stepping stone. :) I feel the same way about "natural" cleaners as well.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Oh yeah, I prefer the liquid! I just hate paying $15 for a 32 ounce bottle and then I figured out I could make 2 bottles that size from a $4 bar.
Quoting hapababies:

I've been meaning to ask you about using Dr. Bronners soap. I was able to get some on sale in the liquid form. Have you ever tried using it in the liquid form?

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I got it for $6.99 for 16 ounces. The bars were on sale too and I thought of you.
The liquid is concentrated, right? If I was to use it body soap, I would cut it with water?

Quoting larissalarie:

Oh yeah, I prefer the liquid! I just hate paying $15 for a 32 ounce bottle and then I figured out I could make 2 bottles that size from a $4 bar.
Quoting hapababies:

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Nope, you can't eat it because it's destructive to the digestive system (hence the pooping). But it is fanTAStic for topical uses- everything from detoxifying to reducing arthritic pain.
Anyway, to cleanse rinse your face, apply a coat, and let it sit for 20 minutes. Do this everyday until you don't need to anymore (it's a case of it will get worse before it gets better,'but it gets a LOT better). I'm me, so I add EOs, but you don't need to.
You can rinse t off with warm water, or I like to scrub it off with sea and hymalaian salt.

Quoting hapababies:

I am super lucky to have a discount store that sells the organic and natural products for 50-60% off. Otherwise, I would never be able to afford that kind of craziness.
I have never heard of a castor oil cleanse! All I know about castor oil is that it makes you poop and you shouldn't use it to induce labor, lol.

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Thank you :) I will keep this in mind, for sure.

Quoting jellyphish:

Nope, you can't eat it because it's destructive to the digestive system (hence the pooping). But it is fanTAStic for topical uses- everything from detoxifying to reducing arthritic pain.

Anyway, to cleanse rinse your face, apply a coat, and let it sit for 20 minutes. Do this everyday until you don't need to anymore (it's a case of it will get worse before it gets better,'but it gets a LOT better). I'm me, so I add EOs, but you don't need to.

You can rinse t off with warm water, or I like to scrub it off with sea and hymalaian salt.

Quoting hapababies:

I am super lucky to have a discount store that sells the organic and natural products for 50-60% off. Otherwise, I would never be able to afford that kind of craziness.

I have never heard of a castor oil cleanse! All I know about castor oil is that it makes you poop and you shouldn't use it to induce labor, lol.

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)