Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

McDonald's, BK, Wendy's, Chick Fil A?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM
  • 36 Replies

What's the go to fast food meal? When is the last time you ate at one of those places? What about Panera, Jason's deli etc? Is there a "fast food" place you prefer?

please don't say I never would eat anywhere like that.  I travel a lot and life on the road has limited choices -  can only pack so much so I need ideas!  I usually end having to make a choice while hungry too lol.

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tuckermum
by Crysta on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:03 AM
We rarely eat out. Panera is probably the closest to fast food we get when we do eat out. Or a place called Sandros we grab a slice of pizza. I guess I'm no help though lol.
Ptitchou
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:14 AM
2 moms liked this
How about Chipotle?
ColieO
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:15 AM
I love a salad from Wendy's. I eat almost entirely local now though. I just use yelp to find places.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
No, they're all unhealthy junk food. I don't think any one is better than the other. They should all be avoided as much as possible. (and my husband bakes for Panera and has none of my hangups about fast food, he's fine with unhealthy junk, and he goes on and on about how unhealthy and bad panera food is. We don't even eat the free food he could bring home)

If we're on the go and must eat out and choose fast food, I'll only eat a side salad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:31 AM
It's been years since I've eaten at a ff place that wasn't chipotle or subway. When I travel it's usually subway because they are everywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I get a double quarter pounder with cheese if I go to McDonald's or Burger King.
If I go to Subway, I get sliced turkey and provolone with chicken on a honey oat 6 inch.
I can't honestly recommend any of that though since none of it is healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:44 AM
We went to Arby's the other night (hangs head in shame) and my 4 year old said "the food comes through the window!?" I still crack up thinking about it, she was so shocked. We don't do fast food often, obviously lol, so we don't really have a go to but I liked Arby's frys.
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:18 AM
I would pick Panera bread first and then Chick fil a.
ashuiren
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:57 AM

When we go to fast food places, I've been bad lately about eating junk. A lot of ff places do have decent salads now. If I'm being good, and we go to McD's, I'll get their Southwest Salad (with or without grilled chicken) and just use the lime for dressing and pick off the chip thingies they put in it. I could probably ask for it without, but I always forget,lol. Jack in the Box used to have good salads, too, and all of their extra toppings come packaged seperately so you can control more of what is in it. It's been a while since I've eaten there, though. 

SadieJames
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:01 AM

They never have signs for them on the interstate : ( I try to plan stops but with a 5 mo I stop when she wants to lol.

Quoting Ptitchou:

How about Chipotle?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN