Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I called it

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM
  • 13 Replies
just a little vent. A girl I know went in to be induced on Thursday. for low fluid sigh. She just posted this afternoon that it's a c-section for her. She hung in there quite a while and I don't blame her. it's her first baby. I just think it probably could have been prevented. She wasn't even over due. See it to much. ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:07 PM

SIGH

Ichthus
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:08 PM

And was her fluid really too low?

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Like they'd tell her if it wasn't! Every woman who gets sectioned or induced seems to have some story of deteriorating placenta, low fluids, etc. Then they can feel they're so lucky baby is alive and doctor saved the day. I just can't believe that it's true most times.

OP, I've had many friends in the same type of situation. I just avoid the topic of birth generally, then I don't have to work to keep my opinions to myself and act sympathetic!

Quoting Ichthus:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Graceplustwo
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I went through this. Induced at 34 weeks due to preeclampsia . Low fluids. Then rushed off to c section after my dd had drops in her heart rate. My baby was born 3.9 lbs and I feel like this was due to poor healthcare and my concerns being ignored . I told my NP for Weeks about my swelling, blood pressure exc. Im just happy my dd was ok. Only in nicu for 14 days.

Quoting larissalarie:

Like they'd tell her if it wasn't! Every woman who gets sectioned or induced seems to have some story of deteriorating placenta, low fluids, etc. Then they can feel they're so lucky baby is alive and doctor saved the day. I just can't believe that it's true most times.

OP, I've had many friends in the same type of situation. I just avoid the topic of birth generally, then I don't have to work to keep my opinions to myself and act sympathetic!

Quoting Ichthus:

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Oh gosh, I'm sorry that happened! I hope baby is healthy now :-)
I wasn't AT ALL referring to a situation like yours. Clearly no doctor on the planet would rush a baby that early for false/exaggerated reasons.

I was referring more to doctors who come up with these BS reasons to induce a technically full term Mom rather than wait for labor to happen on it's own. I have no doubt that SOME are truly needed, but not nearly the percentage that are :-)

Quoting Graceplustwo:

I went through this. Induced at 34 weeks due to preeclampsia . Low fluids. Then rushed off to c section after my dd had drops in her heart rate. My baby was born 3.9 lbs and I feel like this was due to poor healthcare and my concerns being ignored . I told my NP for Weeks about my swelling, blood pressure exc. Im just happy my dd was ok. Only in nicu for 14 days.

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting Ichthus:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Graceplustwo
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd is amazing 10 m over 16 lbs.
I know you weren't talking about my specific case. But I agree with BS doctors like my NP who just ignore concerns of moms and babies. Its all about money. I wanted a water birth but things happen and in the end it worked out

Quoting larissalarie:

Oh gosh, I'm sorry that happened! I hope baby is healthy now :-)

I wasn't AT ALL referring to a situation like yours. Clearly no doctor on the planet would rush a baby that early for false/exaggerated reasons.

I was referring more to doctors who come up with these BS reasons to induce a technically full term Mom rather than wait for labor to happen on it's own. I have no doubt that SOME are truly needed, but not nearly the percentage that are :-)

Quoting Graceplustwo:

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting Ichthus:

Brandy85412
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
the dad posted about the c-section saying no complications just not progressing like the doctors want. face palm. exactly! WHAT THE DOCTORS WANT NOT WHAT IS BEST! GRRRRR It never ends well when you try to force the body to do something that happens naturally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:23 PM
So sad!! I've seen it happen too many times!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Doesn't the USA have the highest c section rates in the world?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ptitchou
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Too damn high...but I think Brazil does.

Quoting hapababies:

Doesn't the USA have the highest c section rates in the world?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)