Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

'Natural Summer Solutions, Tips & Fun' - Water Fun

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:48 AM
  • 55 Replies

Today's activity is water fun for the kids.

Enjoying some fun in the water, while it's hot outside, is a great way for kids to keep cool.

One way to enjoy the water is with sponge water bombs. They're simple to make and loads of fun.

All you need is 2-3 sponges and a rubber band or hair tie. You can find large packs of cheap sponges at most dollar stores.

Cut each sponge into 3 strips. Wrap the rubber band or hair tie tightly around the sponge strips, spread the sponge strips out and you have your sponge bomb. Soak in a bucket of water and have fun.

Is this something your kids would like to do? What ways do you keep cool on hot summer days?

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oneVandygirl
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:53 AM

We had water week at summer camp last week - wish I had this one.  I'll add it to my list.  Thanks!

Brieshon
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Cute idea! I'm sure my kids would enjoy it. We have a little kiddie pool and a sprinkler!
Plus-size-mommy
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Oh, I am going to make these!! The kids love throwing stuff at each other in the pool. I'll try to post pictures later this weekend!
BrownEyedGirl86
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:10 AM
I don't know if my kids would find it fun. But maybe if we throw them at dad when he gets home from work they will ;-)
Tree-Tree
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Yes we did these at camp last year. So much fun even my ten year old loved it!
bmw29
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I'll have to keep this in mind for when all of our company gets here. :-)
mamavalor
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I will definitely keep this idea in mind when we have our water party.  So simple and so easy!

newwifenmom
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM

My tot would love this. On hot days I stay in to keep cool, I HATE the heat and humidity and avoid it as much as possible . I do want to get LO a kiddie pool though to play in on the back and maybe I'll get a wide brimmed hat and sit as close to the shade as possible lol.

Mel4974
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Never thought about using sponges, always used balloons. I like this idea better :)

TwoOnTheWay
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Fun!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)