Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Midwife suggestion

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:43 PM
  • 9 Replies
Has/did your midwife suggest holding your tummy up during contractions? Also what do you all know about red raspberry tea?
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Red Raspberry Leaf tea is said to tone your uterus.  My midwife suggested up to 2 quarts per day of RRL infusion during the last trimester.  (I could never drink that much, though!)

katherinemcp
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I enjoyed drinking red raspberry leaf tea. My favorite was Republic of Tea's Get Maternal- its yummy!!

I've heard of women 'lift' their belly during contractions to help baby change positions- like as in safely shown on the Spinning Babies website. Is that what your MW was suggesting?
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
No but I was in a tub so the water did it for me.

Rrl is fabulous throughout pregnancy, the sooner you start to drink it the better. One cup a day in first and second tri and pp, three cups a day in third tri. It prevents miscarriage due to weak cervix, morning sickness, hemorrhoids; is full of calcium, iron, and other essential nutrients; tones the uterus to make labor and delivery more efficient and pp healing quicker. It's fantastic!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I never heard of holding your tummy up during contractions.

N_maricle
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I loved drinking red raspberry leaf tea. I had easy labors, so who knows, maybe it worked:) holding the belly up during contractions I've never heard of, but my midwife taught in dh to do counter pressure. It helps a lot.

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Yep she is wanting me to help get the baby into position.

Quoting katherinemcp:

I enjoyed drinking red raspberry leaf tea. My favorite was Republic of Tea's Get Maternal- its yummy!!

I've heard of women 'lift' their belly during contractions to help baby change positions- like as in safely shown on the Spinning Babies website. Is that what your MW was suggesting?
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I love red raspbery leaf tea..drinking tons of it everyday right now..its safe your whole pregnancy and can make labor easier/more effective.

I dunno what my midwife says while in labor because I am still preggers

sm12
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, learned this techinique for my first pregnancy during our Bradley Method Class and it feels great. You can do it standing up and your partner can use a towel folder lengthwise and placed under your belly like in a hammock, you can also do this on all fours. It feels great. I used RRL capsules throghout my first pregnancy and I think it helped with a short labor. I never felt braxton hicks and by the time I felt my first contraction I was in active labor at 7cm. Whole labor took 7 hours. This time I am drinking the tea but since I am not doing it often i am also taking capsules as well. RRL has many uses during pregnancy.
newwifenmom
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Red raspberry leaf is fantastic especially during my periods which are painful. I have no experience with the contraction ? though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)