Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

state insurance and vaccines

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 17 Replies
is anyone familiar with state insurance?
I'm having to be on pregnancy Medicaid as my husband's insurance won't be available until some time in August

the lady said something about Medicaid and shots, both for the baby and my other kids

we don't vaccinate, will they be kicked out of Medicaid if we don't consent to get them shots?
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM

no you have that choice, just stick to what you want.  If you financially qualify theres no way they can kick you off of it.

comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:45 AM
okay good
thank you :)

Quoting Sarah725:

no you have that choice, just stick to what you want.  If you financially qualify theres no way they can kick you off of it.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Just like schools, they are obligated to accept exemptions.

I don't know what state you're in, but here the form says "up to date on vaccines?" And I check "no." No one has said anything or asked about it at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM
You can not be kicked of for not vaccinating, BUT they can bug the hell out of you. My kids have medicaid and so do I and refuse many vaccines and this baby will have little to none(preggers now)
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:28 PM
No they can't force you! Not at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:38 PM

We have state insurance and my kids aren't vaccinated. I just made sure to go to all the well baby checks for the first year so they coulnd't get me on neglect. 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Do they do that? I take babe to all WBVs but I pay out of pocket to see an nd, so Medicaid doesn't know we go. They called once and asked about her shots and visits and I told them she goes to visits and does not get shots, is it possible they were about to call cps or something?

Quoting JoJoBean8:

We have state insurance and my kids aren't vaccinated. I just made sure to go to all the well baby checks for the first year so they coulnd't get me on neglect. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM

They can claim medical neglect and get cps involved. I figured it was easier to take the kids to the dr for the first year then deal with cps.

Quoting jellyphish:

Do they do that? I take babe to all WBVs but I pay out of pocket to see an nd, so Medicaid doesn't know we go. They called once and asked about her shots and visits and I told them she goes to visits and does not get shots, is it possible they were about to call cps or something?

Quoting JoJoBean8:

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM
That's so dumb! I'm sure cps couldn't do anything if the kids are healthy. How are healthy kids neglected kids? But you're right, probably not something fun to deal with.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

They can claim medical neglect and get cps involved. I figured it was easier to take the kids to the dr for the first year then deal with cps.

Quoting jellyphish:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Once cps gets involved it's hard to get rid of them. I figured dealing with the 10 minutes of bs from the dr every few months then having a cps nightmare.

Quoting jellyphish:

That's so dumb! I'm sure cps couldn't do anything if the kids are healthy. How are healthy kids neglected kids? But you're right, probably not something fun to deal with.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Quoting jellyphish:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN