'Natural Summer Solutions, Tips & Fun' Challenge Day 5: Common Summer Ailment Solutions
Today's challenge is common summer ailment solutions.
Each summer we find ourselves faced with various common ailments from bug bites to sunburn and even a minor cut or scrape.
Here are some common ailments and their solutions
Sunburn: Refrigerate a piece of aloe plant to use on sunburn. You can also add a little lavender essential oil to help with the pain. Coconut oil is also another great soother.
Mosquito Bites: Add a couple of drops of lavender essential oil to come coconut oil and massage onto bite. You can also use witch hazel.
Poison Ivy or Oak: A 50/50 mixture of lavender and tea tree oil applied directly to the rash helps soothe and heal poison quickly. Aloe can also be used to help soothe itching, especially as the poison heals.
Cuts and Scrapes: Use the following recipe
- 1 1/2 oz beeswax, grated
- 1 cup olive, almond or coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1/2 teaspoon tea tree oil
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- Melt beeswax and oil in double boiler. Remove from heat, add vitamin E and the essential oils and stir. Pour into small sterilized jars and cool.
Have you ever used any of these solutions? What other solutions do you use for common summer ailments?