Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Nausea with contractions

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM
  • 11 Replies
Has anyone dealt with this? I'm 40 weeks 3 days. I've had contractions off and on for the past week. Now if I'm contracting while eating I get nauseous. I take zofran once a day to stop nausea. I can take it up to 3 times a day. Would you take more zofran or stop eating when a contraction comes on?
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I didn't even take zofran with my hypermesis pregnancy, so there's no way I'd be taking it for regular nausea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Yeah I dont take stuff for nausea...the medications causing issues in the 50-70's has made me afraid

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I've been taking it due to hypermesis. It was the only way I could keep anything down.

Quoting larissalarie:

I didn't even take zofran with my hypermesis pregnancy, so there's no way I'd be taking it for regular nausea.
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I didn't think zofran was around at that time.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Yeah I dont take stuff for nausea...the medications causing issues in the 50-70's has made me afraid

hapababies
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM
My mon took some of that medication when she was pregnant with me. I tell her that is why I can't do math, the medication broke that part of my brain. She did say that she stopped taking it when it got out that it was causing problems.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:08 PM
If I were you, I wouldn't take Soren unless you are unable to function without it. I had to take it a few times during the first trimester of my first pregnancy.
Contractions make me really nauseous also. You can try to breathe through the contractions and try to focus on an object, to help avoid vomiting. I know it's tough. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
With my hyperemesis pregnancy I just stopped eating.
catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I would not take it.. just eat/drink according to what I could handle. I had hg with all four of my pregnancies.. which eased up in the last trimester, then the nausea returned with contractions. Never took meds at all.. watched activity and food/drink intake, increased b vits and ginger.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Okay cool.

Quoting catholicmamamia:

I would not take it.. just eat/drink according to what I could handle. I had hg with all four of my pregnancies.. which eased up in the last trimester, then the nausea returned with contractions. Never took meds at all.. watched activity and food/drink intake, increased b vits and ginger.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I've never experienced this but I hope you feel better soon. I'd probably avoid Zofran for just regular nausea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)