Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natural Birth

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hey yall my name is Lorren and I just join Cafemom. I am married to a wonderful man and we have a beauitful daughter, Emma Reese. She is our pride and joy. When I found out we was pregnant I couldn't stop smiling. I was sick throughout the whole pregnancy but I was still thankful that God had given us this blessing. I had watched my mom give birth naturally to my little sister and she said she did also with my older brother and I. I had also dreamed as a little girl giving birth and having that moment when you first see she/he. I said when I found out that I wanted to try to have a natural birth with no pain medicine. I made it 8 hours and I had to give in. The pain was very hard and I had only dialated to a 4. I knew then it was goin to be a long process. 10 hours later (18 hours of labor) I had dialated to a 9 but my baby girl wasn't dropping in the birth canal so I had to have an emergnecy c-section. I was very heartbroken and felt like I was a failure because I couldn't do the one thing my body was supposed to do. I had a hard time with the c-section and ended up getting post pardum depression. I have recently gotton off of my depresent medicine and am doing great! My question would be to all you moms who have experienced the same thing is with your 2nd child did you try natural again or have a planned c-section.

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I know many moms opt for a vbac. Check out ican for info, I have little. I think it's just ican.com
Good luck! And welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Find a good doctor who supports your VBAC and you can do it. Midwife if possible. ALOT of times the reasons moms have problems delivering naturally is because of interventions in the hospital. The monitors, time limits, staying in bed laying down, laboring on your back etc etc to not promote a natural delivery. Learn all you can about natural deliveries, best positions and how to avoid interventions.
Mrs.Salz
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! A vbac is safer than repeat c-section in most cases and more successful out of hospital. Most women find birth pain easier to manage at home too.
More info at vbacfacts.com and ican-online.org
Mrs.Salz
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM
A great book to read is Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth and also Birthing From Within.
love91810
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Thanks everyone!!! Gives me a lot to think about !!

GoodyBrook
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I had a VBAC in January 2013 after a pre-e c-section in April 2011.  I opted for a VBAC knowing that we would resort to a section in a worst-case-scenario.  Why go into major surgery willingly if there are other, SAFER options?!

There's a group on CM called VBAC Moms that you'd be welcome to join!  We have a lot of mamas going for VBACs and VBA2Cs right now, so you can hear what's happening in their situations...  The more info the better!

GoodyBrook
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I really recommend the older book called "Silent Knife."  It's a classic and super informative if you're looking to avoid a c-section next time around...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN