Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ppl who are gluten free

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM
  • 22 Replies
I'm looking for lunch ideas for kids.
Items we always have:
Ground beef
Chicken
Tuna
Potatoes
Rice/ beans (dry and canned)
Tomato sauce
Fresh veggies
Corn tortillas
Cream of mushroom soup (not gluten free I know)
Peanut butter

Other "normal" canned goods/ spices

Any ideas/ recipes welcome....
Oh and my oldest dd is VERY picky and has major anxiety with "strange" foods .... So things are are "kid friendly" would be nice :)
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louzannalady
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM
To make peanut butter cookies just take one cup of sugar, one cup of peanut butter
and one egg. Mix it. The roll into little balls like normal cookies and bake. I add a smidge of brown sugar and that makes them more solid. Let them cool and then serve! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monkiebut
by Tiffany on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:32 AM
That sounds super easy! Thx

What is your kids fav gluten free lunch?

Quoting louzannalady:

To make peanut butter cookies just take one cup of sugar, one cup of peanut butter

and one egg. Mix it. The roll into little balls like normal cookies and bake. I add a smidge of brown sugar and that makes them more solid. Let them cool and then serve! :)

annelauer
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I did not know about this and am ecstatic!  On my to do list for tomorrow...

Quoting louzannalady:

annelauer
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this

We eat a lot of veggies, protein of choice and brown rice or quinoa.  It is hard to say without knowing what she is picky about and what she does and doesn't like to eat.  Maybe you could elaborate a bit...

Monkiebut
by Tiffany on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
She ONLY eats raw sliced carrots for her veggies, will ONLY eat rice with salt. She hates noodles of any kind (not a issue any more since we are gluten free now). She hates tomato products and "green" things. That's a few.

Quoting annelauer:

We eat a lot of veggies, protein of choice and brown rice or quinoa.  It is hard to say without knowing what she is picky about and what she does and doesn't like to eat.  Maybe you could elaborate a bit...

louzannalady
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Lol! This is a recipe for me! My kids aren't GF. I started GF about a month ago. My mom had Celiac and was diagnosed in 1992.Times really have changed. I eat a lot of omelets. Fruits, veggies, nuts. A few carbs here or there, but am trying hard to not substitute breads and such for GF breads and such. I save my complex carbs for a couple of times a week. I really enjoy Betty Crocker's GF brownie mix, when I do indulge in sugars and carbs. :) 

Quoting Monkiebut:

Quoting louzannalady:

louzannalady
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:24 PM

When you say pasta, are you only refering to spaghetti noodles? I don't like GF spaghetti, but really like penne noodles. I enjoy Hodgson Mill GF penne. It cooks up really nice and tastes great! :)

http://www.amazon.com/Hodgson-Mill-Natural-Flaxseed-8-Ounce/dp/B004729O18 

Quoting Monkiebut:

She ONLY eats raw sliced carrots for her veggies, will ONLY eat rice with salt. She hates noodles of any kind (not a issue any more since we are gluten free now). She hates tomato products and "green" things. That's a few.

Quoting annelauer:

Monkiebut
by Tiffany on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Any noodles of any flavor :(

Quoting louzannalady:

When you say pasta, are you only refering to spaghetti noodles? I don't like GF spaghetti, but really like penne noodles. I enjoy Hodgson Mill GF penne. It cooks up really nice and tastes great! :)

http://www.amazon.com/Hodgson-Mill-Natural-Flaxseed-8-Ounce/dp/B004729O18 

Quoting Monkiebut:

Quoting annelauer:

Monkiebut
by Tiffany on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm also trying not to not get gf carbs. I'll prob get gf tortillas just cause corn tortillas are not good for wraps

Quoting louzannalady:

Lol! This is a recipe for me! My kids aren't GF. I started GF about a month ago. My mom had Celiac and was diagnosed in 1992.Times really have changed. I eat a lot of omelets. Fruits, veggies, nuts. A few carbs here or there, but am trying hard to not substitute breads and such for GF breads and such. I save my complex carbs for a couple of times a week. I really enjoy Betty Crocker's GF brownie mix, when I do indulge in sugars and carbs. :) 

Quoting Monkiebut:

Quoting louzannalady:

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:41 AM
We honestly eat leftovers for lunch and cook bigger dinners.

Tuna salad, chicken salad, egg salad

Tacos

Hmm IDK I'm trying to think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)