Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What brand of coconut oil do you use?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 24 Replies

What brand of coconut oil do you use?

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HollySmith24
by New Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I buy Nutiva its Organic and my Costco sells it in a really large container for 22, which is the best deal I have found in my area.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Spectrum

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Spectrum or sprouts. Whatever is in the food section, unrefined and organic. (The oils in the food section are cheaper and better quality than in the health section.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Sunflower Market store brand, it's organic, virgin & unrefined. Although now that Sprouts bought them out, I suppose that won't be available anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SotilSol
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:00 PM

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I'm so bummed abot this. They already converted my sf to sprouts. The staff changed immediately, the prices are steadily going up, and the sf products are slowly converting to sprouts products. But they do have their own brand of organic/unrefined/virgin coconut oil.

Quoting larissalarie:

Sunflower Market store brand, it's organic, virgin & unrefined. Although now that Sprouts bought them out, I suppose that won't be available anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I loved sunflower. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Right now I'm buying organic unrefined from Costco, I think Carrington Farms is the brand.

I've used Tropical Traditions, Spectrum, and Vitacost brands in the past. TT is probably the best (also most expensive) and the one from Costco is second best.

larissalarie
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm super bummed too :-( Sunflower was my favorite. There's also a Whole Foods and a Natural Grocers here, but WF is just way to freaking expensive and I've never tried the NG.

Quoting jellyphish:

I'm so bummed abot this. They already converted my sf to sprouts. The staff changed immediately, the prices are steadily going up, and the sf products are slowly converting to sprouts products. But they do have their own brand of organic/unrefined/virgin coconut oil.

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ptitchou
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Barlean's
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)