Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth stories! Share yours!

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:03 AM
  • 23 Replies
I need some positive natural birth stories. Share yours?
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I'm sure you'll get plenty! Since I don't do home birth, I'm sure this isn't the place for mine :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:42 AM

#1  OOHB transfer turned c-section at 39 weeks.

#2  OOHB transfer to hospital for VBAC induction at 42.1 weeks.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:53 AM
http://www.cafemom.com/group/14077/forums/read/16346277/Flowers_birth_story

It was a hospital birth, but totally natural. It was like a homebirth inside hospital walls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerMomLove
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Water broke on a Friday morning at 4:15am. Took a shower, did some laundry, then called the doctor at about 5:30am to let them know. Mild, occasional cramping. Doctor said if not a steady increase in contractions, they would still like to see me at 9:30am. Texted doulas and let them know I was in labor but would meet them at hospital. Packed car at 9am and showed up for appointment. 5cm, head to hospital! So back into the car, called friend and she picked up oldest for a fun weekend.

12ish, second stage labor. Contractions mild enough that they are encouraging. Exciting to know baby is coming. Doula arrives. Went over options, and started practicing with acupuncture to relieve stronger contractions.

Doctor needs to check how far along I am if I don't start having regular contractions. It's 3pm. Plan is to try pumping or nipple stimulation if contractions don't pick up so we can avoid anything that is not natural.

3rd stage starts. Strong contraction makes me throw my hands into the bed.

Contractions are strong but I am stronger. I worry about the pain to come. I'm told that it burns but pushing relieves the pain.

Im ready to push. He's so low. I feel the urge to push him out. I want to meet him. The pain is intense because I'm afraid to push him out. I'm thinking too much about wether I'm brave enough to get him through the entrance into the world? Skill Doula asks me to find my inner strength. She reminds me that I have the strength to push him out but I can't find it so I basically tell her to stop telling me. Then I remember to pray and that the feeling of pushing somehow helps. Yes! As long add I'm pushing, there isn't much pain! Biggest work out of my life and Liam arrives!

He came out with his head sideways, looking at my mother who is handed the scissors and cuts the umbilical cord.

amazing feeling to find the strength to push him out. Freed another level of woman in me. Empowering and full of love. Sore, but recovery was amazing compared to medicated previous birth. Wouldn't trade it for the world! y
sj3starz
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Dunno if this will work for you. Sorry no clicky

http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/14077/forums/read/18422606/Maya_Evelynns_homebirth_only_16_days_late_piog_EDIT_graphic_pic_in_replies

If not you could probably search using the key words shown in the link. :-)
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:48 AM

ANY positive birth story..home hospital or even in the caar..I dont care..just positive!

Quoting larissalarie:

I'm sure you'll get plenty! Since I don't do home birth, I'm sure this isn't the place for mine :-)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much r sharing..made it clicky so others can read too

Quoting jellyphish:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/14077/forums/read/16346277/Flowers_birth_story

It was a hospital birth, but totally natural. It was like a homebirth inside hospital walls.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM

made it clicky..thank you!

Quoting sj3starz:

Dunno if this will work for you. Sorry no clicky

http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/14077/forums/read/18422606/Maya_Evelynns_homebirth_only_16_days_late_piog_EDIT_graphic_pic_in_replies

If not you could probably search using the key words shown in the link. :-)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM

AWESOME!

Quoting TigerMomLove:

Water broke on a Friday morning at 4:15am. Took a shower, did some laundry, then called the doctor at about 5:30am to let them know. Mild, occasional cramping. Doctor said if not a steady increase in contractions, they would still like to see me at 9:30am. Texted doulas and let them know I was in labor but would meet them at hospital. Packed car at 9am and showed up for appointment. 5cm, head to hospital! So back into the car, called friend and she picked up oldest for a fun weekend.

12ish, second stage labor. Contractions mild enough that they are encouraging. Exciting to know baby is coming. Doula arrives. Went over options, and started practicing with acupuncture to relieve stronger contractions.

Doctor needs to check how far along I am if I don't start having regular contractions. It's 3pm. Plan is to try pumping or nipple stimulation if contractions don't pick up so we can avoid anything that is not natural.

3rd stage starts. Strong contraction makes me throw my hands into the bed.

Contractions are strong but I am stronger. I worry about the pain to come. I'm told that it burns but pushing relieves the pain.

Im ready to push. He's so low. I feel the urge to push him out. I want to meet him. The pain is intense because I'm afraid to push him out. I'm thinking too much about wether I'm brave enough to get him through the entrance into the world? Skill Doula asks me to find my inner strength. She reminds me that I have the strength to push him out but I can't find it so I basically tell her to stop telling me. Then I remember to pray and that the feeling of pushing somehow helps. Yes! As long add I'm pushing, there isn't much pain! Biggest work out of my life and Liam arrives!

He came out with his head sideways, looking at my mother who is handed the scissors and cuts the umbilical cord.

amazing feeling to find the strength to push him out. Freed another level of woman in me. Empowering and full of love. Sore, but recovery was amazing compared to medicated previous birth. Wouldn't trade it for the world! y

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)