Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Are you proud of yourself?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know moms give themselves a hard time for things..for not being "perfect" or whatever.  BUt once in a while we need to think about what we take pride in...not in a horrible way but something we worked at, worked for, have tried hard and succeeded at..

What are you proud of? Is it a parentng thing? birth? education? relationship wise?

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I would not use the word 'proud,' but I am comfortable with and confident in myself as a wife and mother. I am devoted to being the wife and mother my family deserves, and have managed to find that healthy balance between being a wife and mother meeting my family's needs and being my own person meeting my own needs.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

newwifenmom
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I am proud of myself for being the wife and mother that I've become

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I personally am proud of myself for growing and changing, for adapting to my childrens changing needs and for changing my parenting ways as I learned different facts/info.  I know alot of parents who never change and even deny that new info is accurate and their children suffer for that.

sparklebug86
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I failed miserably at BFing my first. I was determined that I WOULD BF my second and did everything I possibly could to make that happen. I struggled at first but, we got a good 3 months in and Im proud of that! 

delilahsmom1177
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I am proud that I am trying my best.

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:02 PM

keep em coming ladies..we all should give ourselves a pat on the back for thinsg sometimes

GoodyBrook
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I am proud I managed not to vomit while changing DS1's diaper yesterday...  Poor dude was SICK!

(Small steps!)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:07 PM

LMAO yep small steps

Quoting GoodyBrook:

I am proud I managed not to vomit while changing DS1's diaper yesterday...  Poor dude was SICK!

(Small steps!)

artsymomma3
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm proud that I'm 41 weeks pregnant and keep hearing, "Wow, you look great!"  "You're not waddling!"  "You don't look/sound/act like someone that pregnant!"  I'm hoping those are good things, and I attribute that to walking, working, and yoga. Now I just need to have a good delivery and get breastfeeding off to a good start!

hapababies
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I proud of myself for learning how to cloth diaper. I never thought that I would like it so much.
I'm also proud of myself for sticking with nursing my first son until he was 13 months old. I had a lot of negativity coming from dh's family about ebf, but I kept doing my own thing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN